+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Love or broken heart forum?

People come here with sad stories because when relationship is good then advice is not needed, why would you seek advice from strangers if everything is going well for you? It's easier to just watch a movie. People come here when they are in trouble, when they are down they start looking for help, they have a problem that needs to be solved, they approach their friends, counselors, strangers and when all else fails they start to look for help online. It's very logical if you think about it.

These sad stories can be depressing, but somehow it feels good to help people in need. This place is good, when it helps people.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    It's possible to find but you have to know how to do it. If so, don't even try to grammar nazi me,cause I've had it enough before... My grammar at the beginning was BAD. That's why I can't even look at my old posts And of well, it's full of BS. Again,that's why I can't look at my old posts. Totally BS. But I was like 17 or 18 at the time, that makes a big difference Well, just don't read them. They are actually sad to be honest. At the time I was heading towards very bottom of everything so... Those posts are just a cherry on the top of the sad cake.
    But besides, I really know what I'm saying when I tell other members to listen what we have to say. I know how it hurts to not listen to what LF members have to say. True story
    I'm not that kind of person who would ridicule someones grammar and English and especially if they were not born in an English speaking country. It amazes me how well some people on these forums can speak English and for whom English isn't their first language - you can speak better English than some English people in England! lols. At school I was only taught French and German. I wouild love to be able to speak other languages and fluently And don't aplologise for your past posts....we've all been down and really sad at one time

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post

If it isn't here, ask Nick, he may have a copy of that too hahaha.
    I remember that, was that the guy who saved all threads to folders in his spare time? lols I forgot what his username was now....but I noticed he's dead last time I saw him in a thread...:|

Hah! I came here because I went through so much horrible crap in my past and rarely had anywhere to turn to. I used to give up my own friends for the guy all the time, and after breakups there was nothing. In my dating years (1976 - 1996) there was no internet! No forums! No cell phones! And we used to walk thirty miles to school backwards and barefoot in the snow...

But anyway, I thought it would be nice to visit with a community of people I could relate to, not just dump my problems here and run.

Oh, and a happy story? Hmmm, my husband lost a ton of weight before we met but then gained it all back and then some. I had finally given up on him ever looking like the man I met 14 years ago. Well FINALLY in May of this year he started working out again. He's lost 60 pounds, looks fantastic, and I feel like we're on our honeymoon all over again. Whoohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    I remember that, was that the guy who saved all threads to folders in his spare time? lols I forgot what his username was now....but I noticed he's dead last time I saw him in a thread...:|
    Yes, that's him. He has an infinite number of users though, so I doubt they are all "dead". I think PP is probably right though, he only saves the posts by dopp... and logs all his chats with anyone too.

well petit I think the thing is that people who come here are looking for advice for some particular reason, usually because something is wrong or ended badly. if they were perfectly happy and OK in their relationship, they would be off with their girlfriend/boyfriend or busy with their lives and they wouldn't need to come here for advice! you know what I mean?

Yes, that's him. He has an infinite number of users though, so I doubt they are all "dead". I think PP is probably right though, he only saves the posts by dopp... and logs all his chats with anyone too.
    I don't manually save LF posts. I use something else for that.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelmakemelol View Post
    I don't manually save LF posts. I use something else for that.
    You did save at least a thread! :p

Noo, I think Nick keeps just all of Dopps posts. All of them :O
    which is incredibly l a m e.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    which is incredibly l a m e.
    or incredibly flattering?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

You did save at least a thread! :p
    Haha, yeah. I still have the original cucumber thread. Unfortunately, Doppel kept hitting "report" like an autistic child, so the mods didn't take very kindly to me unleashing it.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelmakemelol View Post
    Haha, yeah. I still have the original cucumber thread. Unfortunately, Doppel kept hitting "report" like an autistic child, so the mods didn't take very kindly to me unleashing it.
    You are lucky that 'clicking a report button' is all my dignity allows me to do within the threshold of giving a fück.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    To others: I know why people come here, you don't have to explain it to me. I ask, WHY there are just people like this? Why there aren't any people with happy stories ready to give their advice . I mean there are some, but first after we train them to be happy and make less mistakes in the relationship Porquiiieeee
    I wazzzz here

I mean there are some, but first after we train them to be happy and make less mistakes in the relationship
    Oh, so you are training me? Where are my cookies?!?!

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you accept a cookie from me... You will have to listen to things like "come here puppy. sit down! run puppy! stop peeing on the carpet puppy! puppy!" Do you wanna be someone's puppy ?
    I wazzzz here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast