+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I want to call my ex

I want to call my ex

We haven't talked properly in a month, I last texted Wednesday and we were very casual towards each other. I want to phone him, so how is the best way to go about it, being as casual as possible?

why do you want to contact him? To get him back? Once you've broken up with somebody it's highly unlikely that it will work again.

How long ago did you guys break up?
    What is the point for calling him?

The way to be casual about it, is not to call him at all. What's the aim of it anyway? It's natural that you want to do, but it may be not the best idea. I am sure he knows, how to find you and you're back in touch already. Don't initiate anything more yourself.
    Last edited by RockNRoll; 07-02-11 at 08:24 AM.

The best way? And who dumped who?

i dislike the way people wonder why she would want to call him?

has anyone ever thought that she's lost a good friend in this , not only her lover, her friend and someone who she could connect with.

sometimes when people break up its not the relationship they want its the connection and bond they had as friends .
    not speakin to someone who you have been with for a period of time or spent alot of time together is horrible, it makes you feel lonely, like they're is no-one around to speak to , i think its one of the hardest parts of letting go.

some people need to let go lightly and its usually them people who tend to have a good friendship afterwards.
    she might even want closure !

look if you want to talk to him , just casually ring him explain that u feel that you have lost a good friend in this and you just want to see how he is doing , talk about him then move onto yourself, avoid the "us" conversation ,( if you do want to get back with him , dont jump into it start it of friendly , go for a drink, show him the "happy" you and avoid the conversation "us" again untill he mentions it) if you dont want to get back together but you want to keep him as a friend then take everything lightly and dont mider him all the time , ring him first ask home things are going and how ur doin and put the fone down and wait untill he rings .

Quote Originally Posted by Saya View Post
    What is the point for calling him?

She wants him back, for what reason(s) are unknown.
    An ex is an ex for a reason...For people who can't move on: exes are still in the present.

Quote Originally Posted by sapha1 View Post
    i dislike the way people wonder why she would want to call him?

has anyone ever thought that she's lost a good friend in this , not only her lover, her friend and someone who she could connect with.

sometimes when people break up its not the relationship they want its the connection and bond they had as friends .
    not speakin to someone who you have been with for a period of time or spent alot of time together is horrible, it makes you feel lonely, like they're is no-one around to speak to , i think its one of the hardest parts of letting go.

some people need to let go lightly and its usually them people who tend to have a good friendship afterwards.
    she might even want closure !

look if you want to talk to him , just casually ring him explain that u feel that you have lost a good friend in this and you just want to see how he is doing , talk about him then move onto yourself, avoid the "us" conversation ,( if you do want to get back with him , dont jump into it start it of friendly , go for a drink, show him the "happy" you and avoid the conversation "us" again untill he mentions it) if you dont want to get back together but you want to keep him as a friend then take everything lightly and dont mider him all the time , ring him first ask home things are going and how ur doin and put the fone down and wait untill he rings .
    Um, what?

The OP hasn't even stated the necessary information in order for us to give advice based on what
    they should do when we don't even know the particulars!

Last, the OP doesn't need to phone anyone.
    A face to face meeting is much more dignified and real.