+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Depressed, Confused, and dont know what to do.

well said man i agree with you on that point... thats how i feel.. what do i have to lose? This forum is the ONLY thing holding me together... where are my friends when i need them.. why shoudl they ****ing help me when im in need.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    yeah i knew you were gonna say that lol....what if shes just testing me see how strong I am? Im telling you there is no logic or reason behind the breakup.... I was away for a few days before we hugn out that friday and she constantly kept telling me how much she missed me and how she cant wait to see me. SOMETHING flipped her swtich... i just dont know what....... normally i would move on but the problem is i dont want ANY girl. i want her
    I disagree...you don't want her...you want what you had *with* her: big difference.
    She's revealed how she is with you: and you are making all kinds of excuses in order to keep her in your life.

She misses what she doesn't have: and as soon as she gets a wiff of it: she's gone again.
    Don't make excuses making believe that she is something "special" when the truth is: you made her appear to be special.

that was before the breakup

I have been replaying my situation over and over....

Can we agree that what my ex has been saying I cant necessarily believe based on the assumption she may be a little nuts. OK so if that is the case.
    saying she gets bored easy = false
    saying she doesnt feel it = false

She came over that friday night with intent to stay over and us hang out on Saturday. She had a change of clothes etc., we were even talking about the plans for the day on friday.... SOMETHING changed and SUDDENLY. I think she got emabrrassed about the eating disorder. I dont know what else it could be, but if that was the case why is she not contacting me? I need to find out what her deal is... i cant wait until next week

Selfless why do you think she possibly got sexually abused? what gave you that idea?
    First off, she isn't emotionally stable: check.
    Worse, is she takes out *her* problems, issues and/or demons out on *YOU* <-------------not cool.
    Since you have already labeled yourself the nice guy: guess what nice guys do? They take other people's bullshit
    because they can see the good in them....The problem is: you are brainwashing yourself into thinking she is a
    good girl: doing bad things, when it's not the case based on my experience. People who are out of control
    (but either recognize it or catch it) apologize, humble themselves and admit it to you face to face she has a problem...

The eating disorder can be just ONE thing that represents an even bigger (yet hidden) underlying problem.
    Instead of looking out for yourself: you think you are actually going to be able to help her with her issues and help solve them:
    Wrong...Only she can do it: and she needs to accept and admit she has the problem: then face and address it:
    Instead of doing this she is using YOU and your relationship as a toilet and you're the toilet paper every time.

It is very possible she has been the victim of abuse: which includes the possibility of it being sexual
    (think of an innocent little girl that has been touched inappropriately: they can feel dirty forever) and
    intentionally hurt their bodies. It could be a hormonal imbalance in the brain, it could be she has a mental illness...

Whatever the case dude: SHE needs help: and YOU aren't going to be able to help her until she helps herself.
    All that I ask of you: IF she continues this erratic behavior: please don't yell at her, blame her or ever point the finger at
    her....Why?

Well, you've already (before) identified that she does have some sort of problem, right?
    If you know of the problem: you are in the better position to know better to be loving, patient and understanding with her issue.

If you cannot; cool, then let her go...If you can: then be prepared to be the cause, reason or catalyst for her demise when
    she can easily B-lame what you did, or didn't do...Don't harbor guilt trips nor resentment...Because now that you have been
    made aware (at least you have in this thread by me) then you are allowing yourself to play the victim role in order to help
    someone who is damaged to some extent.

As for what to say to her, I think I've already posted the answer, but if I forgot, to: I'm sorry...

Sit her down, and take her to a neutral location (public is best) where she cannot explode and act out
    like a suicidal maniac I think she's capable of doing when you decide it's time to move on....

Tell her humbly, lovingly and calmly: "(her name), I love and care for you deeply, you know that, right?"
    (let her nod or say yes so right off the bat you begin to establish involving her with the conversation) Don't talk at her: talk to her.

Next, tell her that to you: a relationship is supposed to be based on two people who have different lives:
    who join together and share their lives with one another...You know going in that there will be sunny days...and
    then? There will be rainy days...

Next tell her that you cannot begin to comprehend what she has gone through nor what she has had to endure
    before she met you: But because of how she chooses to physically act out what she is feeling: it hurts you
    to know that she doesn't *let you in* and confide in you about her whether it's good or bad...
    (avoid calling her out on her problem because she hasn't admitted that she has one yet, k?)

Ask, her what does she think a relationship is supposed to be about so that way you can understand where she's coming from.
    (then listen, and don't interrupt) Now, if she chooses right then and there to explode, or start deflecting
    (putting shit on you) instead of addressing your concerns: she doesn't respect you period, no matter how
    good it feels to have sex with her: and no matter how "clingy" she appears to be...I've personally had sex with a handful
    of girls I didn't respect: and I've known many girls who have done the same to other guys.

If she answers you: great, but you need to be assertive and tell her:
    "I appreciate you telling me how you feel, it helps me to understand you better, BUT:
    What I don't appreciate is: (list the mean things she has done to you here) Tell her that
    she has the right to feel however and basically do whatever she thinks is right: but YOU don't
    have to accept the treatment she gives you when it hurts you, then look her in the eye and ask her
    if she understands what that means? involve her...

The point is: what she does (to you) isn't cool with you.
    You need to address your concerns and hope that she addresses them: and apologizes for them.
    If she does: it means she identifies what she did wrong, and wants to resolve her issues.
    If she does not: GTFO of there dude and run...(not literally of course)

but tell her that until she learns how to respect your feelings: you don't want to be subjected
    to that kind of behavior that you don't feel you deserve (because you don't) and thank her and appreciate
    all the time you did have together, then walk away, don't look back, just walk away, and say good bye.

^^^This is what I feel you should do.

wow well said.. tjat answers my pm to you... thanks... when do i do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie76 View Post
    Now, with break ups like ours that didn't involve cheating, beating, or mental abuse, I believe no contact should be minimal. Give each other some space to think shit through but i wouldn't wait too long. The reason being is that at the moment, I'm thinking that because she has not contacted me for this long simply means that she is over me, don't give a shit, found someone else, etc. But guess what, she is thinking the exact same ****ing thing!!

Some girls are willing to let that shit eat up inside her for the rest of their lives. It's weird, but in general, women's ways are weird. Some of the shit they do just does not make any sense.

MOST WOMEN LIKE TO BE CHASED AFTER. I'm giving it a shot by swallowing my pride. What do I have to lose? At this point, I think I already lost her. Screw it, I'll give one last crack at it.
    And what do you say?

Like you don't contact hem for a week? two weeks? what is acceptable in giving them space before you have left it too long?

And when you make contact, what do you say that doesn't just sound stoopid?

Q .. Hi Babe, how you going?

A ...Shit cos you dumped me you prick and haven't contacted me for two weeks!!!

I thought about doing this but really wouldn't know what to say? I fugure she would probably be hurting too so asking how she is going, or telling her that I miss her etc would hardly get a good response

wow well said.. tjat answers my pm to you... thanks... when do i do this?
    As soon as possible, that's when.
    Also don't forget to always make eye contact when you ask questions, or say things that are sincere.
    She will respect you more if you aren't dazing about when she listens or tells you something of value...

The way I talk to people: I NEVER, I repeat NEVER B-lame them: never ever point the finger or
    if they say F uck YOU: Do NOT say F uck You too (bitch usually follows) <------------This gives her reasons to dump you before you have the chance to:
    and you will feel the dynamic shift when she should be the one who is sorry, not you...

The whole point of this conversation is to illustrate how one person's behavior (that is destructive and negative) is NOT her fault:
    BUT, that her choosing to act out in this emotional and irrational fashion is NOT what you want in a relationship...

To you: open and honest communication, love, patience and understanding and TRUST are what you want a relationship to be built on.
    The point here: is that her actions and choices have consequences and should she choose to hurt you (because it is a choice in my opinion)
    you cannot be with someone who doesn't treat you how you want to be treated (make sure you list how you want to be treated)

out of curiosity are you a doctor?

SelflessnHumble... can you please look at my thread? i'm interested to see what you think. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flow90 View Post
    SelflessnHumble... can you please look at my thread? i'm interested to see what you think. thanks
    Sure thing...give me a sec.

How do I dump her if she already has done it

out of curiosity are you a doctor?
    Here; Let me say this: I have personally known 4 people who have degrees...3 in Psychology and one is a licensed Psychiatrist.
    While these people are indeed intelligent and well learned scholastically: I've personally experienced most everything that
    they've only studied "in practice, study or in theory." I've also traveled extensively, when I was younger I would
    talk to everyone I could, no matter stranger or who ever just to learn how people did what they did, and the why.

I used to hurt people for sport because I thought it felt good. At one time I thought I was the Anti-Christ
    because I had virtually zero empathy for any-everyone...Sad but true. I enjoyed hurting people...I was bullied.
    I became a bully.

Then I learned compassion empathy and even unconditional love...Not because I knew what I did was wrong:
    but because I actually saw the fruition of my destruction...I saw how I was able to single-handedly destroy lives...
    Alter their perceptions due to my manipulations, deceit, lying and cheating. It shook me bad to see this.
    See, when you're a piece of shit who preys on weak people (with low self esteem a plus) you never see them hurt
    because it's just so easy to walk away after you've sucked them dry...

Once I learned how to actually love people, I began to see how beautiful people are.
    I thought everyone hated me because little did I know that I was seeing people's reactions to my
    negative energy projected outward = it was a mirrored reflection of how I appeared to them!

Now, I feel I'm spiritually enlightened, and I don't let my subconscious control my life (as it once did)
    I'm no longer reactive: I'm proactive and it's brought my relationship back from the dead! So, I do my best
    to teach people what I've learned so they won't have to hit every road block that I did, ya know?

you are suggesting i dump her.. but im not with her anymore.. so i dont understand really.. and are you suggesting this even if she realizes her error? to comment on the above post.. ive been trying to "live in the NOW." but that is harder said than done u know...

How do I dump her if she already has done it
    This is even easier to deal with IF she has already done *it*

First I would ask you: What is closure to you?
    Most people think closure is getting all the right answers from the one you either dumped, or dumped you...I can tell you: it is not.

THIS: is Closure:
    Closure happens when YOU:
    -come to the self realization and self evidence that you have done everything in YOUR power and control to:
    -make amends and seek resolution for a better relationship, humble yourself and apologize to fix your issues to better yourself
    AND when you see that you have done everything that you can: to make your partner happy: AND they STILL do not appreciate it, respect it
    nor validate your efforts: True closure comes from knowing these facts and that knowing you deserve someone much better who can
    love you, respect you and understand you better than SHE ever could!

This is true closure and she doesn't need to say sorry to you in order for you to achieve it!

What I used to do: (even if I was the one who got dumped)
    I would go up to them, ask them if I could have a moment of their time (smiling as I asked) then I'd say:

"I'd just like to thank you for all the time we spent together, and even though at the time it meant the world
    to me...I've realized that (be specific here, this is where you tell them what they did wasn't appreciated) example:

I've realized that, taking your deep rooted anger out on me, dumping me/getting back with me, and all of that
    emotionally irrational bullshit you pulled helped me to realize that I'm above that and that I deserve much better than
    an immature little girl who cannot look herself in the mirror and take responsibility for HER actions, while punishing ME for mine...

Then I'd thank her one more time and walk away. I didn't do that to hurt them because I know I could say much worse...
    I did that so SHE could know, all along that *I* knew what she was doing, but that I still put up with it because I loved her.
    This leaves the ball in her court: while I move on...It means it actually might help her on her path so she can learn how people's feelings
    aren't little happy meal toys to play with...

Well i do realize closure is a movie thing. But I was just confused. What you told me seems like advice I have never gotten and I appreciate the advice.. but my point was how do i end a relationship wioth someone who already ended it weeks ago... not only that, if she realizes her error I would like to see what could happen... what doesnt kill us makes us stronger no?

Also thank you for helping me

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast