+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to reject again after rejecting twice already?

How to reject again after rejecting twice already?

My very close friend asked me on a date, and I rejected him once. And he cried! After the first rejection, I felt bad that I made him cry. But that same night, he texted me saying that "You are dumb if you are rejecting me, and you should reconsider"..there's more to it but that's the point to that text message. I have said no again. And couple days after, he came over to my house saying that he needed to talk and told me to give him a chance because he deserves one, and I kept on telling him I can't do that, but I don't think he got the point. He said he wouldn't take no as an answer and kept avoiding the "no's" I said at least ten times! He was being too pushy so I just told him to that I would think about it and made him leave.

Now I don't know what to tell him anymore, because I told him no to his date, many many times!

How would I politely tell him that I am not interested in dating him,and make him get the point but still remain as friends?

Don't be polite, you have already tried that and it doesn't work. The guy is obsessively in love with you and has spun many fantasies about you in his head. This can be a very dangerous situation to your safety, because he feels that you are destined to be together....in a obsessive way. I would be very scared if I were you. Cut off all communication with him and avoid him at all costs. Tell your family and tell your friends about his obsessive behaviour. This could possibly lead to interference of your life and even violent acts which you would have no choice to get a court order against him. Do not take your situation lightly. Get angry and tell him that you no long want anything to do with him, then watch your back.

The friendship is over hun, there is no way a guy like that can go back to being JUST friends....that's not how guys work. Here's a tip.....any guy that wants to be friends with you, wants to get with you but are usually too insecure to actually ask you out. I have been in your shoes and it can get scary. I have a guy that still tries to be in my life 35 years later, after I told him no. I feel like I'm being stalked, so I would really be mindful about having guy friends. If you wish to have a guy friend you MUST tell them up front that you have no intention of being their GF. Don't be blind to the fact that guys want to have sex with you....the majority do.

JMC, dont ever be nice and think that a hang-out time between you and him should replace the date. It's time to cut this guy as your friend because I have been obssessed with some friends who I bull$hited with just to get into their pants. They cut me off and so from that point, I got it. lol How long have you guys been friends for and why do you still want to be friends? -Thats my question to you.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

You can't stay friends with this idiot - tell him to **** off

No kidding, he's not interested in being friends, he wants more.
    There's no reason be polite and hopefully you don't need to be outright rude or mean, but the relationship is over if he wants one thing, and you want another.
    Green!

Too bad you told him you would "think about it". I'll bet he's taking that one little glimmer of hope and blowing it way out of proportion. Have you got any big, strong, muscular looking men in your circle of friends or aquaintances? One of those might come in handy right now to get your "ex-friend" to leave you alone.

Yup, the "I'll think about it" part will be that huge hope he will be leaning on. He'll be like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dummer and say that 1 in a million still has a shot.
    Ditch this guy.
    Hope you gives us a update.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Sounds like you may have a 'stalker' on your hands.

Anymore crap and I'd go straight to the police.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You're fooling yourself if you think he's a "good friend"

Quote Originally Posted by jmcthemax View Post
    My very close friend asked me on a date, and I rejected him once. And he cried! After the first rejection, I felt bad that I made him cry. But that same night, he texted me saying that "You are dumb if you are rejecting me, and you should reconsider"..there's more to it but that's the point to that text message. I have said no again. And couple days after, he came over to my house saying that he needed to talk and told me to give him a chance because he deserves one, and I kept on telling him I can't do that, but I don't think he got the point. He said he wouldn't take no as an answer and kept avoiding the "no's" I said at least ten times! He was being too pushy so I just told him to that I would think about it and made him leave.

Now I don't know what to tell him anymore, because I told him no to his date, many many times!

How would I politely tell him that I am not interested in dating him,and make him get the point but still remain as friends?
    Ok, lets address the bits I've highlighted:

1. He's not a close friend. No real friend would attempt to force their attentions on you.
    2. Calling you names is emotional abuse.
    3. Coming to your house is to attempt to force you to accept his attentions after you've said no is sexual harassment. It's also potentially stalking if it continues. Refusing to take no for an answer is an attempt at being controlling. That he got you so flummoxed that you're still trying to figure out how to maintain a "friend" relationship with him means that he succeeded to some degree.

Maintaining any sort of relationship with that clown will only lead to misery.

Seriously whats with all the hate for this guy? He's tired of sitting on the sidelines and is finally making his move, good for him. The OP hasn't said he's making her uncomfortable in any way and still wants to be friends so there is no need to call the police or label him a stalker.

Since you seem totally uninterested in dating this guy jmc, all you can really do is sit him down and say you love having him as a friend but that's all you can see it as, and if he continues this behavior you will have to end the friendship. If he still doesn't listen and keeps asking you out cut contact for a while, hopefully he will finally get the message and it will bring him back in line.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Sounds like you may have a 'stalker' on your hands.

Anymore crap and I'd go straight to the police.
    Going to the police is going too far.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

lol at the good friend remark. This guy isn't your friend. He wants something from you. Just tell him no and stop talking to him. Don't respond to anything he says and if it does get out of hands calling the police shouldn't be out of your list of options. Make sure you hang on to his text messages so that you have something to back up your claim.

If you don't wanna take it that far though, like I said. Just tell him to back off because you aren't interested. And if he asks to be friends, say no.

You CANNOT (I repeat) cannot salvage your friendship... Why?
    HE chose to cross that line...
    HE has no self control...

The problem with you: is that you only "told him" No. (even if it were 1 million times)
    You need to SHOW him NO. This means bubye friendship, stop being "nice" because all you are doing
    is using him: and stringing him along and I know you don't want to intentionally do that, do you?

If you say no, and walk away (can he just walk into your house?) : how can he not take that as answer?
    He will have to accept it. You *should* have seen the signs: which were glaring at you right in the face.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast