+ Follow This Topic

Thread: No one calls me in for job interviews

No one calls me in for job interviews

I don't understand why no employers call me in for job interviews. Advice?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well that's tough, it could be a lot of reasons.

Having been in positions before where I've had to recruit/hire, I'll tell you what made me not call people back:

1. Badly put together resume; meaning not well organised, poor grammar and/or spelling, irrelevant information, too long (don't need your life story). As a rule, your resume should be a max of two pages, and that's only if you are a professional with a few certifications/designations and important positions worth mentioning. Otherwise it should be a page. I had a lady once give me a resume written on a napkin.....but she was crazy.

2. Lack of relevant skills or education.

3. You didn't give your resume or application directly to a manager or person who would give input on whether you should be hired. You should follow up on your application as well, but only once. There's nothing more annoying to a hiring manager than someone who calls five times to find out if you got their application and whether or not they'll be hired.

4. You dropped off your resume dressed poorly, with a lack of enthusiasm or interest. If you're applying for a retail, sales, or food industry position you want to come across as friendly and pleasant, and not dressed like a slob. Professional positions require business attire even when just applying, and a sense of confidence. You have to go in and apply like it's an interview. Go into your interview like you know you've got the job.

That's just the most glaring things I can think of. Anyone else feel free to fill in the spaces.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I'm sensing smileyface with an old user name of the 1,000's she's allowed to have on this site.

This sounds just like her many other thread about employers/jobs/being afraid to smile in an interview & the list goes on & on...lol

Let's see if the OP responds to this thread or makes another 20 with the same types of stuff that smileyface does...lol

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh, my bad....is this a troll?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Oh, my bad....is this a troll?
    Yup. She is.