+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I just jealous or is HE a 'dirty old man'??

Am I just jealous or is HE a 'dirty old man'??

Hello:

I've been in an intimate relationship with a man for almost 6 years...I'm 68 & he's 81. It's been a very fun time and we've been very close. But, we've taken a bit of a break...I've been a bit bored with doing the same things all the time. We were talking on the phone last night and his daughter-in-law called through. He called me back to share the Super Bowl on the phone together and he told me what they said on the phone....she called to see how he was doing (he said). He said he "was kidding" with his daughter-in-law on the phone when she said she saw him at Walgreen's and what was he doing. He said to her "I was buying you a bra and panties for Valentine's Day."....and he laughed. I am not a prude in ANY way....but I don't think this is appropriate conversation for a father-in-law OR between him and ANY woman really....especially a family member. I would NEVER talk this way to my daughter's husband. I've also heard him say things to his grandson's wife that I would NEVER say to a family member....not 'dirty'....just suggestive kidding (in my opinion). I've known this man for years....since I was 14...he's my ex-husband's brother. So it's not like I've only known him for this 6 years. We were all close as a family when our kids were growing up. But we NEVER joked around like that. Am I just being jealous or 'choking on gnats' or am I on target? Just wanted some other opinions...and I haven't said anything to him about it. I laughed too...but really didn't think it was funny. This is really bugging me. I want a man with values....not a 'dirty old man'. But, he daughter doesn't think there is anything wrong with this kind of talk....she says it's just in fun. Maybe I've just had a different way of having "family fun" than talk like that. I think my kids would definitely REALLY say something harsh to me if I EVER joked in this way to my family. What do you all think about this? Thank you!!!

I think dirty old man hmm he gives no respect to his daughter in law n that woman seem
    So openly too :-S, both!

Yep....that was MY opinion too...and you're right, she laughed at it too. But, I'm just going to let it go. He's said things before and seems to have NO idea how it sounds to others OR how it may come across to others. He just doesn't seem to comprehend where certain boundaries are....if they are right or wrong comments. I just didn't like it much. Thanks again for your reply.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think the comment was obviously inappropriate, and it makes me wonder if he is beginning to show signs of dementia.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

No, I don't think you are jealous.. it IS pretty disturbing to see a man his age getting suggestive with people in his family, even if it is harmless fun. If he was doing the same with other women outside the family circle, then I don't think you'd have much reason to ponder about it.