+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cell phone service provider

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    I am thinking of dumping АТ&Т. what provider do you use, phone, how much you pay for it and how do you like?
    Sprint has the best plan, but not the best and most reliable service... $69.99 for everything is the best plan and in some markets: Verizon is giving this discount to some customers: you must ask for it, though.
    Plus, if you are savvy, use Google voice and the free number: with a data plan and you can send and receive free text messages. ($10 for most other plans)

For the best reliable network: Verizon cannot be beat: but don't go there for the IP4:
    (1) It won't be 4g
    (2) Verizon has stopped added incentives for smart phones but has dropped mail in rebates for smart phones. (Check out Droid Life to learn more)

The worst networks are:
    T Mobile, and AT&T period.

Btw, with sprint you can hack the services protocol to roam (for free) on Verizon's network.

With insurance, and two smart phones it costs us: $153.00 per month. (add a line is $10 but with newer smart phones you can waive this fee)
    Insurance has also dropped by $1 per phone.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    I'm on Simyo, I got my phone in the UK though, so if it breaks I've got to fix it myself or send it to the UK, which is a pain.
    It's whatever you know, they (at least spanish Vodafone) wouldn't fix your phone at all anyway
    I wazzzz here

Ummm... what does the monthly bill have to do with the phone you have?? I have a smartphone and my monthly bill is like 2$/month.
    This sounds pretty weird, robot.
    I mean what good is a smart phone if you aren't paying for a data plan?
    What is your plan, service provider, phone model?

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    This sounds pretty weird, robot.
    I mean what good is a smart phone if you aren't paying for a data plan?
    What is your plan, service provider, phone model?
    I miss the data plan a few times, but 90% of the time I'm within wifi range, so I don't need it

I'm on Simyo, I got my phone in the UK though, so if it breaks I've got to fix it myself or send it to the UK, which is a pain.
    Yeah I bet....having to rely on carrier pigeons must be for sure a pain in the azz....lol

Only joking

I use US Cellular. Pay a little over $100 a month for 2 phone, no data plan, don't need the internet on the small screen.

I like US Cellular as the customer service is great, plus the signal to the phone is always reliable. Haven't had a problem with them at all, well last week Tuesday night the phone cut out a bit, but that's because we were experiencing a huge blizzard, the towers were getting pounded.

Other than that, I'm happy with US Cellular. Not sure if people out of the country can get US Cellular.

I miss the data plan a few times, but 90% of the time I'm within wifi range, so I don't need it
    Cool. With Verizon can use a SP without a data plan, but they don't tell you this.
    The contract is for phone, not the plan, so they cannot tell you how, but they can ask you...
    Most people don't understand that when they state you need a data plan: it is an offer to contract...If you refuse
    their offer to contract: then they cannot force you to.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sprint has the best plan, but not the best and most reliable service... $69.99 for everything is the best plan and in some markets: Verizon is giving this discount to some customers: you must ask for it, though.
    Plus, if you are savvy, use Google voice and the free number: with a data plan and you can send and receive free text messages. ($10 for most other plans)

For the best reliable network: Verizon cannot be beat: but don't go there for the IP4:
    (1) It won't be 4g
    (2) Verizon has stopped added incentives for smart phones but has dropped mail in rebates for smart phones. (Check out Droid Life to learn more)

The worst networks are:
    T Mobile, and AT&T period.

Btw, with sprint you can hack the services protocol to roam (for free) on Verizon's network.

With insurance, and two smart phones it costs us: $153.00 per month. (add a line is $10 but with newer smart phones you can waive this fee)
    Insurance has also dropped by $1 per phone.
    please elaborate on: Btw, with sprint you can hack the services protocol to roam (for free) on Verizon's network.

how do you actually do it?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Cool. With Verizon can use a SP without a data plan, but they don't tell you this.
    Umm..can't you use it with all the providers? I can use it for 3cents/MB... it's just not worth it in my case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12