+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Update from "Fiance broke off engagement

Update from "Fiance broke off engagement

Original post[URL="http://www.loveforum.net/broken-hearts-forum/49728-fiance-broke-off-engagement.html"]http://www.loveforum.net/broken-hearts-forum/49728-fiance-broke-off-engagement.html[/URL]

Here is an update on my situation about a week and a half after our split she texted me and asked me if i had her zune cable which i did. I asked her if she wanted it and she said yeah drop it off at my work tomorrow. So thats what i did i went in and dropped it off and she want to hug me and she had tears in her eyes, I said no i cant hug you and she then became mad and i tried to calm her down by saying its ok, Im ok, and then when I was leaving i said see you around and she said "bye babe" I gave her look and walked out the door. Since then she contacted me once and asked a question and i told her i didnt know. Also i cannot stop checking her Facebook which i need to stop but anyway she has put statuses up such as "i have the blues" and " Crushed and confused". I have been seeing her as i drive to work as well, i wave as if nothing has happen.Meanwhile I have been trying to socialize more and catching up with old friends, but every now and then i have a rough day that i just want to cry , but dont. Today i pocket dialed her but i hung up before she picked up, she then texted me "whats wrong?" I thought that was weird. So I think im doing pretty well with the NC besides checking her facebook, I try to block her but i feel like its the only thing i have left of her ( that sounds really cheesy but its true). But thanks to any who have gave feedback

Don't bullshit us man! You didn't pocket call her I mean how would you know to hang up before she answered??? Exactly.
    Look, it's normal to feel how you do...But her ego is bruised when you rejected her embrace: this hurts not her heart but her ego.

Dude, stop making excuses: block her, put another nail in that coffin.
    You are allowing these petty excuses like a cable, a facebook link to keep the connection alive.
    Plus you have the phone to call or text one another so all of these are no nos.

well it wasn't really a pocket dial, i was trying to call a co worker and i picked the wrong number out of my recent call list i deleted her contact but her number was still there and i realized it was her number i was calling thats the truth
    Last edited by peepster; 08-02-11 at 04:21 AM.

I'm new to this site and read your story. I'm sorry for what you're going through.
    It does sound like you're doing well dealing with it but I would definately set some time scales to phase out the facebook thing if you can't stop straight away - as you realise I really don't think it will help at all.
    I think I've read some advice that said to give her space and I'm tending to agree. I don't think she knows what she wants but freedom to do what she want's may possibly make her eventually realise she was happier having someone there to count on.
    My experience tells me to back off - which sounds like what you're doing. If she calls, try to sound like you're getting on with things without her - maybe that you're fine, but it's not your preferred choice.
    Acting sad or lonely may just turn her away as she know's that you wanted to make things work, she pulled out so she would need to make the approach to you. I possibly wouldn't want to give the impression that you would wait for her to maybe eventually make her mind up either - maybe better to appear stronger and that you will get on with your life regardless.
    Don't worry about feeliing sad (or being cheesy) you have a right to be grieving but you have't done anything wrong, her changing her mind is her issue and should be some comfort.

I'm English so I have to apologise for anything I've said in case it's offended you.

Hope things work out though.
    D

thanks david for the kind words. I do need to set a scale to phase out looking at her facebook. I guess its just part of my grieving and when she puts up a status that she is confused or sad it makes me worse because she is the one that did this in the first place.