+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Her ex is still in the picture

Her ex is still in the picture

We have been dating for a few months now and things have been going great up until now. The other day we were having a serious discussion and she told me that she still hangs out with her ex boyfriend. In the past she told me that she cut all contact with him, other than facebook. Then she suddenly comes out and says that he has been over to her house and has even visited her at work. She told me that there is nothing going on between them, they're just friends.

This upset me obviously because she told me before that they weren't talking. Why would she tell me all of the sudden? I asked her why she denied it in the first place and she said it was because she was afraid that I would leave. He did some pretty awful things to her so it confuses me how they can even talk. I asked her why she talks to him and she said because if she doesn't he will keep pestering her with txts, phone calls, facebook messages, etc. It sounds like a lie to me though. Why not just tell him to go away?

I feel really uncomfortable now. Do my reasons sound well founded?

Why not just tell him to go away?
    Because she doesn't really want him to go away.

You need to be firm with her and tell her that you are not happy with the fact she will still entertain an ex bf.

Oh, I did. The guy even phoned while we were talking, that pissed me off quite a bit. She didn't pick it up. Anyways, she said that she has no problem cutting contact with him completely and she said that she thinks that it would be better for our relationship. That was pretty awesome to me, so I went with it.

She uses facebook a lot so I kind of figured that would be the first place she would delete him from. I was on it today and he's still there though. I may be taking this a little too far but honestly I wouldn't have cared if she just told me that they were hanging out in the first place. He did some really messed up things to her in the past... I'm so confused. I feel like punching this guy in the head...

She's cockblocking him.

I think.... This will be bad if she's not! But she's still into him! You know, exes shouldn't keep in touch and won't if they don't have feelings for each other more! Watch out!!!

Tell her what you feel she would understand... I'm having a hard time with my bf concerning about his exes that he gets in touch with them until today... So i asked very nicely that he stops talking to them cause i get jealous and worried that he ended up getting to either one of them... it doesn't mean i don't trust him... but there are times that people cannot control what they feel... right now... he stopped...

you just need to be honest...
    What progress, you ask, have I made? I have begun to be a friend to myself.
    Hecato, Greek philosopher
    www.coachhollywood.com - Los Angeles Life and Business Coach

Next time you see her, tell her she was right that you'd break up with her if she stays in contact with him, and not to call you until she's cut contact for good with him. I doubt she'll let you walk away, but if she does, you're better off.

I feel like I give this same advice everyday.

Get her to delete him from facebook, be there when she does it.

She should have NO CONTANT with an ex. An ex is an ex for a reason and should be left in the past. Temptation is just there