+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Romantic Gesture

Romantic Gesture

Hello all! I have a question about whether this romantic gesture is too creepy/stalkerish.

I've been seeing a guy for about three to four months. This week has been very long and stressful for him at work (working twelve hour days and writing tons of reports, etc.) They are selling Girl Scout cookies at my work; the exact same kind he likes. I was thinking of buying a box, driving to his house and leaving it in his mailbox for him to find when he gets off of work, with a note like "Something to sweeten up your work week!"

Would this gesture be too creepy or come across too clingy? We're not serious (long story as to why, you can find in a different thread) but I'd still like to do something to show support and affection. What do you guys think?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd say buy the box text him a cute nothing, like I've got just a little something for ya, next time I see you Or something like that, and give it to him then. At least you're not just showing up at his house randomly. Perhpas a little less stalkerish but the thought is still there.

Yeah, I'd say you had a little surprise for him, then he's expecting something

That's not really stalkerish. I would do what girl68 said to do though. I would like it if my girl did something like that for me. Just showing your love and appreciation would make someones day.

Why are you so concerned after 3 or 4 months? Jeeze, are you dating a rabbit or something?

Just give him the cookies. He'll eat the shit out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Why are you so concerned after 3 or 4 months? Jeeze, are you dating a rabbit or something?
    My longest boyfriend was always telling me I was clingy and a stalker, etc for doing stuff like this, so I'm just concerned about what the new guy will think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_sky View Post
    My longest boyfriend was always telling me I was clingy and a stalker, etc for doing stuff like this, so I'm just concerned about what the new guy will think of it.
    How long did you date him? I'm inclined to think he's retarded. Mmm, cookies. Only an idiot would turn down this gesture and call you clingy.

How long did you date him? I'm inclined to think he's retarded. Mmm, cookies. Only an idiot would turn down this gesture and call you clingy.
    3 years. 'Course, he later got angry at me because according to him I never did anything to show him I cared, so.... I came away thinking all boys are rabbits I guess!

3 years. 'Course, he later got angry at me because according to him I never did anything to show him I cared, so.... I came away thinking all boys are rabbits I guess!
    My advice for you is to pretend like that relationship never happened at all. Completely disregard anything and everything you may have learned from that relationship, other than that type of guy is to be avoided.

After three years, I would kinda expect my GF to buy my favorite cookies and give them to me. It's also a gesture of reciprocation - he should also return these kinds of favors to you.

It's also a gesture of reciprocation - he should also return these kinds of favors to you.
    Hahaha, oh that's rich... The last few months we were dating he refused to say "I love you" because he considered the phrase "empty" because "it'd been stolen by bullshit Cosmo articles and Hallmark companies." I considered it a romantic gesture if he actually got through an entire conversation with me without screaming at me to f*ck off because I called him favorite TV show kinda boring.

Hahaha, oh that's rich... The last few months we were dating he refused to say "I love you" because he considered the phrase "empty" because "it'd been stolen by bullshit Cosmo articles and Hallmark companies." I considered it a romantic gesture if he actually got through an entire conversation with me without screaming at me to f*ck off because I called him favorite TV show kinda boring.
    I'm starting to wonder if you're really over your ex. Are you sure you're not using your current as a rebound?

I'm starting to wonder if you're really over your ex. Are you sure you're not using your current as a rebound?
    I'm not completely over my ex; fortunately, the guy I'm seeing isn't over HIS ex either and is moving to England in about a month, so whether he/I is/am a rebound is a moot point.

Leaving it in his mailbox? Ehhh, yeah maybe a little creepy, especially if you're not serious. I'm sure there are better ways to surprise him with cookies. It's a thoughtful gift. Nice of you.