+ Follow This Topic

Thread: stressed and confused...

stressed and confused...

So, I'm going through a bit of a relationship issue right now. My boyfriend and I have been together almost 5 years. I have been waiting and waiting for a ring from him and finally it's close to happening. Close as in like weeks away. He is really an amazing guy, probably would never be able to find someone like him. This is all great except for the fact that now the thought of the ring is freaking me out! I'm honestly sick to my stomach thinking about it. I have even been contemplating what I want to say! I know I should be thrilled he's going to ask me but I'm honestly scared. The other piece to this situation is that about a month ago I met another guy. We have been talking through text and I even went out with him a few times (which was wrong I know). For a long time (before this guy) my boyfriend and I were having trouble just not connecting anymore even sexually. We hardly ever have sex or any physical contact (even still). I met this new guy and it was like an instant attraction. I've tried to tell myself to just stop talking to him and let it go but I can't shake it...I think about him constantly. Do I want to marry the man that will treat me right and be a wonderful husband or father who I don't really connect with or be with the new guy (or someone else) that I may connect with but not have all the other great aspects that I have now. I really don't know what it is I want or what to do...

I some what get what you're going through. You need to decide what makes YOU happy at the end of the day. With something like getting married, it's a big deal. That's the rest of your life. You need to be selfish for a moment here and decide what's better for you. If you're not gonna be happy with the current BF, whats the point. You're going to be miserable and in turn make him miserable. So you should do yourslef and him a favor by taking a step back and see if this is what you really want. The other guy is just a temptation. I think of it like it's a bump in the road. You feel the way you feel for this other guy because he's new and exciting. You already have been dishonest with your BF by going a " date " with this other guy. What are you gonna do next.

You are making a choice via by guilt. Don't say yes if you are not 100% sure or you will regret it. Marriage is no failytale. It's a lot of hard work to keep it together. You are already wondering off and the ring has yet to be presented. That should be telling you that your BF is not "the one". Being with a "great guy" will not cut it in the long run. Down the road you will be finding yourself having an affair, so be honest with your BF that you have doubts about your feelings for marriage and end the relationship.