+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: valentines day.

valentines day.

hi guys.

so valentines day is a big day for the bf and i. we actually met on valentines day 8 years ago. a mutual friend invited me out on that night to celebrate. i was kinda seeing someone and he was working that night. i wasn't feeling him. he was good looking and had muscles and stuff. but it just was not there. i broke up with him on my birthday a month later.

he and i met and we just instantly knew that it was there. we got to talking and i just felt like he was a person i wanted to get to know more.

the same mutual friend and i have birthdays that are close together so we always celebrate together. she threw a party at her house and it would be the next time i would see my now bf. he tried to act like he didn't remember me that well. he asked what my name was again. and he gave me shots of his irish whiskey all night and put his arm around my waist and stuff. (btw i broke up with that other guy the day of this party, because i knew i would be seeing bf.) we liked each other a lot.

we got in touch with each other shortly after this party and started hanging out. we had good conversations. we liked some of the same stuff. he was a smart guy. he was a good guy.

8 years later we are still together. we still have good conversations, we still like the same things, he is a great guy, he is a smart guy. i just love him and can't live without him. we have had some pretty shitty times too but we get through them and can't stay mad at each other for too long.

soooo now that you know all the info. perhaps you can help me with a nice gift and or act of love and appreciation (besides butt sex (frasbee) or lingerie) for him? he's kind of an outdoorsy/ earthy guy.

we have a tradition of going to the same place we met, which is now a really awesome french restaurant. but it's kinda tried and true but we've been together so long, we have a baby now, he's stressed out from work. we still want to go to that restaurant but i'd like to do something new. it's so hard to think of anything these days. i need some spice you know what i mean? can i have some ideas?
    Last edited by misombra; 09-02-11 at 02:51 AM.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

That was a nice little anecdote. I always thought you were one of those members that didn't care about Valentine's day.

Maybe you can give me suggestions as well, because my GF doesn't like chocolate and roses all die eventually... I thought about giving her a drawing I did.

I'm an outdoorsy guy, so any kind of equipment for outdoors stuff would make me happy - fishing pole, hunting rifle, a pair of high quality boots, a tent, a new sleeping bag, etc. I'd personally like a fishing pole or a pair of boots, or maybe a new tent. What kind of outdoor stuff does he like to do?

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Awwww it's so sweet Misombra It's one of your sides that I don't know that well.. But it's sweet If it's not too cold, you both could take Lucia, pack some food and have a picnic in the mountains or if it's possible, give up the baby for a day or so ( ) and have a night in mountains,looking to the stars , oh geeee I would like to do that but my bf isn't fan of camping or whatever you call it :/
    I wazzzz here

lilwang, flowers do die, but they are still a nice gift. does she have a green thumb? get her potted flowers. or plant a bulb and by spring it can bloom. i like lily's or daffodils.

a picnic would be awesome but it's winter here. mountains are for skiing right now haha. but we do love to go camping.

there is a nice sleeping bag i'd like to get. it fits 2 1/2 people and it looks very cozy. but it's expensive, can't afford it.

Yeah, those 2 person sleeping bags seem really nice. What's your budget?

Thanks for the suggestion.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm tempted to suggest letting your hair down and going out and drinking irish whisky all night long again, reminiscing over the good times... But probably not practical/possible with your little one.

sorry, not much help!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why am I synonymous with butt sex?!

EDIT: Is there anyone you can dump the mini-sombra with?

okay i just asked my sister and she said that she'd watch the baby on sunday. i thought maybe we could hit up our spot for lunch, then head over to the nearby irish pub for some drinks. can't drink too much but we can have a couple few you know?

your suggestions are wonderful thank you.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Get a little tipsy! The baby is away, Valentines only comes once a year!

Be suggestive even the days leading up to v-day. Well, I don't know about your baby daddy, but I get a charge from the prolonged mental foreplay.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i highly recommend couples massage!
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I recommend a good champagne... I would like to drink a champagne now ... Champagne good
    I wazzzz here

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Get a little tipsy! The baby is away, Valentines only comes once a year!

Be suggestive even the days leading up to v-day.
    Be careful! You may get knocked up again!
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

This thread kinda makes me nauseas.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by warriormaiden View Post
    This thread kinda makes me nauseas.
    That's not because of this thread.... it's because you are living in Texas.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I think you're all on to something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast