+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to get back with Long Distance Relationship Girlfriend?

How to get back with Long Distance Relationship Girlfriend?

(Its abit long but please bare with me) My case is a long distance relationship so i just wanted to see wat you can make out from this and give me your opinion and advice on how to make us get together again:

We were in a long distance relationship for 8months, me 20 and her 17. And we just decided today that we want to give this relationship a break because she cant last with us not being together everyday. Were only 1hr away and i went down today to try and work things out with her to try and keep this relationship going but she was certain it couldnt go on even tho we've only seen each other twice, first was just a month ago and second was today with us trying to talk over it. I tried telling her now that exams are over and were finally ready we can try and see each other regularly again through weekends. She said it would just hurt her more if she tried and i tried to logically reason with her for an hr that if you dont attempt this you wont ever know and breaking up would just be certain pain for the both of us so i wanted her to take the chance path and try seeing each other regularly, she wouldnt listen and kept saying she cant do it... and i understand now logic is not the way to go. In the end we both agreed to give it a break and just be friends then we just spent the rest of the day just chatting like very close friends.

I could tell from her eyes and voice that she loves me deeply when she said 'i love you' and i do too for her but the distance problem is wat dragged us apart. I asked if there was still a chance we could get back together and she said if the circumstances changed, which im assuming is if i was able to get closer to her but i cant cos of my duties in university and her in college. We kissed passionatly before i left for the train today showing the feelings we still hav for each other, we talked via text, msn and phone after i got back home just normal chit chat and my mind tells me to keep in contact with her everyday like this from now on so we can still stay close and hopefully she will giv our relationship another chance but im not sure if you feel this would be the right thing to do always talking to her like we were still a couple?

My question is, do you think that over time she will grow to miss those days we hav been together and try to get by this distance problem and be back together with me again? The love is still there, she said this relationship would be perfect IF we werent far away so we could just drop by each others house anytime to be together physically, sadly we cant. Valentines day is approaching soon and i was wondering should i do anything for the day or just leave it alone?

Thanks in advance I look forward to your replies and discuss this further with everyone

If you think that one hour travelling time is a problem then perhaps your relationshiip is not that strong. My GF lives two hours from me and we have a very strong relationship