+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does it really take money to have a good time with my girlfriend?

Does it really take money to have a good time with my girlfriend?

Hey, ive been with my girl for about 8 months now and things are ok, i would like it to be better. But anyways she kinda gets moody and nit picks with alot of the things i say or do. I belive this is because she gets tired of the same thing every day witch is coming to my house and lay around watching TV and movies and every once and a while we'll go out and do something if we got the money( keep in mind we are still in high school). But at first she loved doing this and had no problem with not being able to go out. Now she seems not even interested to hang out with me sometimes and now seems like she has less interest in talking on the phone.Could this be a result in the same old thing everyday. If so what are some suggestions for things to do that dont take much money? We used to go on walks and talk for like ever but sense its been cold out we cant do that and when i used to have a four wheeler we used to ride together and she loved it but thats not an option till i get an other one. Please if anyone has an oppinion id like to hear it, thanks!

Listen very carefully k?

Women get moody, nit picky because you don't have the cash flow to do the things SHE wants to do, see?
    You need some cash in order to do things...I'm not going to enable you to continue to literally (short change) her and the relationship when
    "going out" costs money, not a million dollars, but it costs money. Get a job man, offer people to mow their lawns, take out the trash SOMETHING.

Plus: You are young, inexperienced and poor. So...
    Have experiences, and don't be afraid to lose her as your girlfriend.

I was broke in HS and I never had an issue with girls...Sex in public places, the theater, Disneyland, playing truth or dare without clothes, naked twister (my favorite)
    or spin the bottle are ways to get more intimate. If your idea of going out is skipping on the sidewalk smiling and holding hands while "I can see clearly now the rain is gone" is
    blasting on your silver 80's boom box: this won't last long.

Just make it exciting and fun... money only goes so far.. but like ive said many times before.. what do I know.. haha

You don't need money, thats just stupid, you just have to find out her interest and inturpurt that into something fun. Like do something nice for her, every girl loves going out for tea, dont have the money? Learn to cook and do it at home, it would mean ten times much to her! Find a play station game or something that you both like and let her kick ur butt at that! Theres heaps of things that dont involve money just try make it fun for the both of use not just her!
    [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]Sharz[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Sharz View Post
    You don't need money, thats just stupid, you just have to find out her interest and inturpurt that into something fun. Like do something nice for her, every girl loves going out for tea, dont have the money? Learn to cook and do it at home, it would mean ten times much to her! Find a play station game or something that you both like and let her kick ur butt at that! Theres heaps of things that dont involve money just try make it fun for the both of use not just her!

You don't need money, ey?
    Tea costs money.
    Cooking costs money.
    The gas running costs money.
    The electricity costs money.

SHE likes to do things that: (guess?) Cost money.
    You are trying to essentially make a whore a house wife and this shit ain't gonna fly man! (different analogy: same result)

If she likes you then she will enjoy spending time with you whatever your doing - money isn't everything.

That's why dating in high school sucks. You have no money, and are so limited in activities.
    By the time you are more financially stable, you are already married, so the dating thing is not applicable.
    Ah.... the irony of life.

Now that I am fully grown (hahahah) and divorced, I can do more stuff with my GF. I am relatively broke compared to my married life, but I can still afford fine stuff.
    I spend around $1500 a month on date stuff (dining, shows, trips, etc). Let me tell you, although you can just watch TV, talk, make-out, etc.., it gets boring pretty fast.
    You want to do activities together so you can enjoy the time together. Start saving up...get a job... and take your girl out! If you don't, she will feel neglected, and plenty
    of other guys would love to take her out.

Quote Originally Posted by lola2011 View Post
    If she likes you then she will enjoy spending time with you whatever your doing - money isn't everything.
    how long you reckon that will last? Disney land fairytale stories you could live in the forest start dancing with the animals, play with grass and be happy. unfortunately in reality it dont work that way.
    been a man. you should always have some cash to support your love ones.

Quote Originally Posted by lola2011 View Post
    Very true.

Money doesn't buy happiness and if she's bored now, she will bored when he's spending money on her also.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    You don't need money, ey?
    Tea costs money.
    Cooking costs money.
    The gas running costs money.
    The electricity costs money.

SHE likes to do things that: (guess?) Cost money.
    You are trying to essentially make a whore a house wife and this shit ain't gonna fly man! (different analogy: same result)
    I would imagine his folks pay the household bills.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    I would imagine his folks pay the household bills.
    Since he's in HS, I should hope his folks are paying the bills.

Though, there isn't any reason a HS aged your adult shouldn't have a job.
    Not if money is a issue anyways.
    Green!

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Very true.

Money doesn't buy happiness and if she's bored now, she will bored when he's spending money on her also.

Of course it doesn't. but been poor adds to the strain of every day living which is ultimately what a relationship will get to after marriage. I;ve seen a lot of marriages crumble upon the stress of every day living. In the real world money is a necessity of life. No matter how much you look down upon it having more is better then having less.
    If a man is incapable of supporting him self how is he going to put in his bit when the relationship gets to the family stage? yes, you can be poor and happy but you can be x10 happier in love while been rich .

I'll be honest: I haven't had a relationship that has lasted more than 2months.

Both my exes (yes, only had 2), were both unemployed and lived some distance away from me enough that seeing them wasn't as easy as walking to their house. Calling or texting was often done on my mobile, and one of them had email/ msn too so that made it a bit better.

In highschool I wouldn't have imagined guys having to treat girls like adult men passed highschool have to do now. In my opinion, if you have to spend more money on a girl to keep her interested, then she's not interested in being with you or the priceless things you offer her, but for the amount of money and presents you are giving her. That doesn't sound right to me.

If I knew a guy was struggling to afford stuff, I'd compromise. But that's just me.
    I'm 25 and Female.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    She called me one day when I was on Skype video-chatting with my sister, and I took the call... hung up the phone a few minutes later and my sister was bawling... I asked her what was wrong, and she said "You should've seen the look on your face when you looked at your phone and saw that B______was calling. Your whole face lit up."

Quote Originally Posted by GK001 View Post
    Of course it doesn't. but been poor adds to the strain of every day living which is ultimately what a relationship will get to after marriage. I;ve seen a lot of marriages crumble upon the stress of every day living. In the real world money is a necessity of life. No matter how much you look down upon it having more is better then having less.
    If a man is incapable of supporting him self how is he going to put in his bit when the relationship gets to the family stage? yes, you can be poor and happy but you can be x10 happier in love while been rich .
    Well, they aren't married....they are dating, BIG difference. He's talking of having money with which to entertain her, not whining about having money to pay household bills, the insurance for the car, school meals for the kids, etc, etc...In a few more years he could be more financially secure. We are talking 'NOW' not the 'FUTURE'....

No guy ever spent fortunes on me but we always managed to have a good time. I could happily sit in pig shit and with a guy I was in love with.

Sure yeah, lack of money can be a problem in an actual relationship/marrige where they live together because YES, there is far more financial responsibility in a cohabitation/marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Charisma View Post

If I knew a guy was struggling to afford stuff, I'd compromise. But that's just me.
    Me too. I'd happily pay my way and his also if he struggled.

Just because he struggles now, doesn't mean he will forever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast