View Poll Results: What should I do?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Talk to him directly to work out the problems.

4 100.00%
  • Use hints to show him how you like to be treated.

0 0%
  • Be patient. Maybe he will firgure it out on his own.

0 0%
  • Dump him. It will obviously not work out.

0 0%
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What to do about this sex business...

What to do about this sex business...

I've been dating a guy for about a month. Recently we've decided to have sex (well in a moment of passion). We've had sex three times now. The first couple times were pretty quick...the last time lasted a little longer, but I've never been turned on enough to climax. I feel a little bit used. Is that weird?
    He is also not very romantic...I mean, we have a lot in common. We go to school together in the same major, we like a lot of the same things. He's very quiet, though, and not very expressive of his thoughts or feelings. So I have no idea what's going on! I've tried to get him to open up a bit, but maybe I need to be more direct? Should I just tell him how to romance me and how to turn me on? This seems like it might be insulting...? I feel like I do much more for him than he does for me.

Any one else had this problem before? Any solutions?

PS
    To throw in another complication--we are going to school together, as I have mentioned. We have many of the same friends and acquaintances, and classes. If this does not work out, things could get very awkward.
    Last edited by Fabulous; 13-02-11 at 01:28 PM.

I would definitely tell him that he needs to step it up. It's a little strange that the two of you had sex and he's still having trouble opening up to you. I would tell him what you want, and if he can't give that to you then you won't be happy.

Learning how to please your lover in bed takes time and experience. It's easier for girls because guys are pretty easy to please. What is his experience with sex? How old are you both? If he is ignorant of or unskilled in foreplay, there is nothing wrong with you suggesting things he can do for you. But guys tend to have fragile egos about their sexual performance, so try not to make it sound like criticism.

His difficulty with expressing his feelings is a separate issue. It may be a part of his personality that you have to live with. Some guys just aren't comfortable talking about their feelings. If he is attentive and treats you well, that is in itself is an expression of how he feels about you.

Carl.

Tell him what you like. Us guys are not mindreaders although if he's not had much experience he probably can't read the signs or doesn't even really know what to do