+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of doing something crazy

Quote Originally Posted by ashley89 View Post
    LMAO! is this thread for real?
    I'm afraid so.

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    It probably wasn't just luck. He likely actively pursued her, something that you never had the balls to do.
    True, and he has more experience than me and can play the game better. But she's had relationships before that have ended (I mean, they've never gotten to the point of engagement), so there must be something else about him that I'm not aware of.

So why don't you turn your anger at him into anger at yourself and use this as a lesson to never again be a passive little baby with a girl you like.
    I'll do so after their wedding.

Hating him makes you look like a bitter manchild.
    It's jealousy, not hatred. And more importantly, it's that I don't think he's right for her.

And leave her mother out of it. Here again, you're looking like a little baby. Running to her mother to tattle on her or something?
    Just trying to pick up more info. She's a valuable resource.

Grow the **** up. It's over, you lost her, it's done. Move on.
    Sad, but probably true.

Holy cow! I just Googled him and found out his age: 5.5 years older than me!! OMG! I though he was around my age. And I'm 3 years older than her. So he's 8 or 9 years older than her!

This just strengthens me case! I'm also slimmer and have more hair. And he is less educated than me and her. What is she thinking?????

I know you're all going to say these things are superficial and I'm evil, but that's how I feel.

Signing off. I'll be back tonight or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by zipzap View Post
    I just want to get a sense of whether the mom is happy with the guy or not. But I might not dare ask that question...I'll play it by ear.

Yes, I'm jealous. I just think bragging like that is in bad taste and childish (like yelling "look what I found!!").
    Sorry but that's a load of bollocks. If you really love someone you want to shout it out to the world.

Good on him for feeling that way about someone he loves and obviously loves him

This just strengthens me case!
    What the **** are you talking about? You have no case. You don't need to gather info from "valuable resources." Who she picked or what she's thinking does not concern you. It is none of your business. Why won't you just let this go?

dude please listen to me. this girl never liked you, or had any interest in you. she's engaged, and has most likely been dating her fiancee for awhile, at least a couple years or so, which means there was ZERO, i repeat ZERO chance she "loved" or even liked you. you need to stop. trying to break up her engagement, talking to her mother, asking her out on a date etc. is going to make the woman want to get a restraining order on you. she said she was busy or forgot about it as a nice way of rejecting you. LEAVE IT ALONE

I just want to get a sense of whether the mom is happy with the guy or not. But I might not dare ask that question...I'll play it by ear.

Yes, I'm jealous. I just think bragging like that is in bad taste and childish (like yelling "look what I found!!").
    I'm outta here man. I can't continue to watch you dilute yourself into thinking things are what they are when they are NOT.
    You go ahead, man...Ask her mom, ask her neighbor, slip the garbage man 5 bucks so he can save her garbage and find that incriminating piece
    of evidence that proves she dreams of you day and night, secretly glancing at you taunting you to ask her out, and take her away from that older, bad man...

Unsubscribed. Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseyguy View Post
    Sorry but that's a load of bollocks. If you really love someone you want to shout it out to the world.

Good on him for feeling that way about someone he loves and obviously loves him
    I suppose I'd shout it out too, just not in that way. I'd say how great she is, not how lucky I am.

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    What the **** are you talking about? You have no case. You don't need to gather info from "valuable resources." Who she picked or what she's thinking does not concern you. It is none of your business. Why won't you just let this go?
    I'll let it go after the wedding. OK, I won't gather info, just keep my ears open and be attuned to people's reactions. So far my friends have been surprised and one guy said it won't last (I know, talk is cheap).

But I must see how her mom reacts. Also, if the girl again gives me a deep, meaningful look, I'll say: "you look like there's something you want to talk about".

dude please listen to me. this girl never liked you, or had any interest in you. she's engaged, and has most likely been dating her fiancee for awhile, at least a couple years or so, which means there was ZERO, i repeat ZERO chance she "loved" or even liked you. you need to stop. trying to break up her engagement, talking to her mother, asking her out on a date etc. is going to make the woman want to get a restraining order on you. she said she was busy or forgot about it as a nice way of rejecting you. LEAVE IT ALONE
    OK, Ashley, that is a possibility I cannot deny. Yes, she may very well have considered us "just friends" all along. So you see I'm not delusional to the point where I'm sure she wants me. She's been seeing him only for the past 2 or 3 months, to the best of my knowledge.

She hasn't posted anything on FB in about a week, which could be a good sign. Every time I check her wall, I shudder at what she might announce next.

I have to be careful with both her and her mom because I don't want to come off as a bitter, sore loser.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    I'm outta here man. I can't continue to watch you dilute yourself into thinking things are what they are when they are NOT.
    You go ahead, man...Ask her mom, ask her neighbor, slip the garbage man 5 bucks so he can save her garbage and find that incriminating piece
    of evidence that proves she dreams of you day and night, secretly glancing at you taunting you to ask her out, and take her away from that older, bad man...

Unsubscribed. Peace.
    Well, thanks for listening and advising. I understand the need to be realistic, but as they say, the greatest risk in life is taking no risk at all.

How can you have a broken heart when you never went out with her
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

OK, Ashley, that is a possibility I cannot deny. Yes, she may very well have considered us "just friends" all along. So you see I'm not delusional to the point where I'm sure she wants me. She's been seeing him only for the past 2 or 3 months, to the best of my knowledge.

She hasn't posted anything on FB in about a week, which could be a good sign. Every time I check her wall, I shudder at what she might announce next.

I have to be careful with both her and her mom because I don't want to come off as a bitter, sore loser.
    you came here asking for advice and it's obvious you aren't listening to anything we say... so go off and do what you choose. be prepared for the backlash, cause I don't see this going over very well

you came here asking for advice and it's obvious you aren't listening to anything we say... so go off and do what you choose. be prepared for the backlash, cause I don't see this going over very well
    My AIM sucks! It keeps signing me off.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    My AIM sucks! It keeps signing me off.
    YOU suck! jk jk

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast