+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How often do you women expect a text or call?

How often do you women expect a text or call?

I need some advice here. I went out with a girl three days ago for the first time. We had only known each other for about a week and a half before, and I texted her how her knee was (she hurt it when we went out snowboarding) the day after. I probably should have called, but we ended up texting for about an hour after I sent the text. She's 18 years old and in college. The day after (yesterday) I didn't call her, but she texted me to see if I wanted to go out again with her and her friends. That fell through and now it's today.

I'm going snowboarding for the majority of the day, but should I send something to her anyway? I don't want to seem creepy, but I also want to let her know I'm interested. Also, should I send her a small generic "happy Valentine's day" text tomorrow? Or let that be since we've only been out once together? I like her, but I'm not convinced that she definitely likes me yet.

Thanks a lot!

I feel qualified to comment because I've been served a million times because I never took social cues well...

(1) You have no relationship established...Check.
    (2) You have no friendship established...Check.

(3) You failed to call her. (which would have showed you care) (Texting is weak sauce)
    (4) You suck at communication. You haven't "shown" her that you are interested.

So how do you do that? Bounce the ball back.
    If you look at it: you failed to contact her the next day: She then texted you next.

That plan fell through: guess what you failed to do (again?) Follow up and communicate. It is essential for a woman!

Only you can decide what you should do for V-day.
    What you *could have done* was spend today: Sunday as V-day with her because you'd be busy on Monday.

You don't show interest: she will get with someone who does!

If you have an interest, no harm in making her aware of it.

You should be able to judge for yourself what is 'normal' and what would border on 'creepy and stalkerish'. Use your common sense.

as long as you don't text her constantly and start becoming clingy desperate looking, you should be set. a nice text every now & then is always appreciated! and you'll be able to tell from her responses when you should text back and whatnot

We I talked to her for a little while today, but told her I had to go when I got to the mountain. Should I send her a generic "happy valentines day" text tomorrow or give her a call? We've only been out that one time though...

If you haven't done so, call her and if you find it to be late then call her and tell her you will make up for it. By the way, texting is popular right now and girls are often with their girlfriends.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

If you're interested in her, keeping in touch is very important. Otherwise she'll think you don't think her important enough. In the meantime she might even start seeing someone else. A few texts a day would be cool (just go by how enthusiastic she is about responding). "Hey hope your day goes well" does wonders - it would make her feel like you're thinking about her. And a call every other day or every 3 days would be fine as well (and if there's a good flow in conversation, you can call more often). Calls are very important. Like somebody above me said, texting is "weak sauce".

Oh and don't keep texting her constantly throughout the day. Make it look like you have a life. Somehow I find it a big turn off when guys text constantly (but then again, she is only 18 - texting is a big thing with the teens, I suppose).

Make sure your texts don't constantly consist of

'Wot u up to;
    'Wot u doin'

Unless you want to bore her senseless.

Texts like small compliments in themselves. Too many and us girls think we are being flattered...too few and our insecurities come out! I would opt for texting her rather than not texting.