+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V-day

V-day

Anyone out there going through the emotions related to V-day?
    Wishing that they weren't alone... cuz I am.

Happy anti-V day everyone!

Everyone -- not just US with Broken Hearts is going through it - its a day designed to make couples express their love via: cards, chocolates, presents etc.. at the expense of those who are single....I don't really think that any one day makes me feel better or worse..but it just reminds me how single I am.

I love Valentines, either way

If I'm in a realtionship it's great and if I'm not it gives me hope.

Good reminder that people can and do find love

Here is the question: what do you say to those exes that text you a generic "Happy Valentines Day!". How do you respond to the ones that you still want, a way to decipher if they want you back or are just being polite and flirting for the fun of it?

i would never send something like that to an ex.... thats just wrong

Yeah? Well I am planning on this happening from two guys tomorrow. One lives across the country and I believe he has a girlfriend. He brushed me off a few months ago but tells me he misses me and thinks of me often (on holidays or randomly).

The other guy I hang out with on average of once every three months. He ALWAYS texts me on holidays- when we get together we cuddle but never kiss or anything. Get this- he ALWAYS asks me if I want to have a sleep over! Offers me "PJs"! WTF! I just tell him no and then he says I am blowing him off- but we have never kissed!? Anyways, he will date a girl for a bit, start texting me and then we end up hanging out again eventually. He asked me randomly (a few weeks ago) if I was seeing this guy (he heard through the grapevine that I had a boyfriend). I told him "nope" but nothing more has come from it. How the heck should I respond to his, "Happy Valentines Day, Sunshine" tomorrow. I want him but he makes me confused and a little frustrated!

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Here is the question: what do you say to those exes that text you a generic "Happy Valentines Day!". How do you respond to the ones that you still want, a way to decipher if they want you back or are just being polite and flirting for the fun of it?
    If you still want them why not text back "Happy Valentines, we should catch up!!! and see if they respond to that

right but not if you just ****ing around.. should mess with peoples emotions like that... my ex did that too me.. im all sorts of ****ed up now

sadie_genie Guest
    Nah...I am not down just because it is valentines day. I have been heartbroken a few times and left a long term relationship a few months go but I love valentines day because I don't think it is day only for couples, its a day to show how much you care about anyone close to you or even a reminder of how much you love yourself.

What are my feelings about this cursed day? Ambivalent.

On one hand I know it's a scam, a corporate holiday designed to empty the wallets of those lucky enough to be in a relationship with a person they love. Why do people require one day to prove to their other halves that they love them. Surely this should be the default setting? If you perhaps don't tell that special person how you feel often enough then why wait until the 14th February to do so?

On the other hand, and on a personal note, I know that the woman of my dreams has just spent her second Valentine's with a guy who isn't me. I know that there were moments I shared with her in which I've never been happier nor more fulfilled in my entire life. I know that that I've thought about her every minute of every day for the guts of two years, my mood rarely registering above 'quite good' in that time. I know that I would at least still be her friend if it wasn't for my own actions and an abject lack of awareness. I know I should move on. I wish I could. I know that I should have acted sooner and with more decisiveness. I know that whoever she ends up - me, him or anyone else - will be the luckiest of men. And I know that if she were mine, I wouldn't have to wait until a specific point in the calendar to prove how profoundly I adore her.

i'm ready to dress in all black tomorrow haha kidding. but it just sucks for those of us whose breakups are so new, it just happened and we still aren't fully over our exes, so that makes it hurt even worse. also, it makes us reminisce on what we did last year or on previous valentine's days. and like BeingAlpha said, it reminds us we're single. valentine's day never bothered me much before! oh well, i'll just buy myself some chocolate to make myself feel better

I'm using it as a day off from dating, honestly. Let all the happy couples have their fun. My V-day will come. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy me and focus on me instead of how alone I am.

i find valentine's day to be just a scam so the government can make more money lol. Hey on the plus side if your single you don't have to pay anything for presents

Hey, me too took the day off and enjoyed to my fullest. We spent most time chatting..had some really delicious food and watched 2 movies. It was a fun filled day ..certainly worth remembering.

Mary
    hairextensions-australia.com.au/

spent my V-day evening at the gym on the treadmill w/ the rest of the singles! gave me time to clear my head

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast