+ Follow This Topic

Thread: there is this only girl in my college class

there is this only girl in my college class

Im in computers program in college and there is this only girl in my class. The rest of the class are unfortunately all guys and i have a feeling that this makes her uncomfortable. She does seem shy and i have never seen her talking to anyone for the past month since start of the term. She is in three of my classes. I have lots of friends in these classes and my best friend almost has every class that i do. Anyway she is rather pretty somewhat tall and very curvy with long redhair which she ties in a ponytail. I want to approach her and maybe start a conversation. I never had problems communication with girls as i have been in several short term relationships but she always sits in the back corner away from people and never talks answers questions etc. Shes also always early to class. Today i saw her in college parking lot we had parked beside eachother and i kind of smiled at her and im not sure if she saw it and i did not pursue it further. So i guess im looking for tips to get to know her and talk to her. can anyone help me break the ice?
    Last edited by pickler; 16-02-11 at 04:51 AM.

I know the situation, I'm an engineering major and there's very few girls. Since she seems to get there early something I've done is get there a little early, sit near her not right next to her, and then lean over and ask her a question about the last assignment or a concept in general. Hopefully she'll open up and help you out. Then you can say hi the next time you see her and spark up another conversation eventually not about school.

i was thinking about sitting right beside her lol thanks for the heads up ill give this a try.

Quote Originally Posted by pickler View Post
    i was thinking about sitting right beside her lol thanks for the heads up ill give this a try.
    haha,funny

Why don't you start a conversation, like, "Jeeze, doesn't it make you uncomfortable being the only girl in the class?" And there you go. Ease your way on in and hopefully she gives you a fighting chance.