+ Follow This Topic

Thread: he is sending mixed signals!!! why?

he is sending mixed signals!!! why?

I met a guy at work.He is a customer I work at a convenience store.After 2mths he decides to "attack"".He asked for my number,but never called!.He dissapeared for a whole month.I actually wrote him a letter and kept it just in case he would show up.He finally did exactly 1 month a 1 day!!!.He always had a HUGE smile when he would see me.He came back smile and all.Acording to him he would pass by and see me,then he messed up by later telling me,he wanted to see if I still was here.Stupid huh?.Oh yeah he called me his "girlfriend".I just rolled my eyes,in a "whatever" mode.So anyway I asked where he was he told me just working.I gave him the letter.Oh yeah I actually attached both my cell & wk #'s.Surprise he never called!.He showed up last night,Happy Valentines to me huh?!!.So anyway he said the letter was nice,then he said he wants to be friends,so I say "ok".I must confess I got a little dissapointed,but just kept it to myself.So we get to talking,he starts to complement my hair,then he tottally opens up about himself he asks me what I do on my days off,also what do I do when I get home,how do I like my job,etc.Then we get to talk in the process I would notice that his cheeks would "red" up from time to time FRIENDS? yeah right!!! Oh he tottaly shook my hand I just gave it and took it away fast.Bitch huh? oh well.I was ,mad at the fact that I hadn't had an answer about the letter.I mentioned I was not Psychic that I did stress to let me know if I still had a chance with him or not.He said that was the reason he was there last night,he wanted to know if he could call me after wk.(he didn't by the way).Into our conversation he finally confessed.He could have gone to other stores to buy his usuall purchase.Basically I got the hint.He comes in to see me.I already knew anyway.Why is he hiding behind the "friends" thing?.does he just want to slow down?.Did I come on too strong? I was only tryng to grant hish wish.I need your perspective PLEASSSEEE!!!.thanks

oh by the way we are both 39 "mixed signals"

This is all a little strange. You're both 39, but he doesn't have the ability to make his move when it's available. How do you know that you're both 39 or did he reveal his age during your conversation?

I wouldn't have suggested you give him the letter. Honestly, it's something that junior high or high school kids would do. At your age, I would just get whatever it is that you want out in the open. Better to have tried and failed than to have never tried at all. Right?

As women, we get emotional so quickly. No matter what, reserve any emotions right now. He will be back. I don't think it is about you at all. It rarely is when guys act strange. You are right to think it's "something," because it is. The big question you should ask or find out is "Is he single and available?" Just take your time. Get answers before feeling and imagining anything with this guy. Speaking from experience. It's sad that we have to always get proof, but it protects your heart in the end.

Simple....he's not that interested.

Thanks so much for the replies.He told me his age and I did too.Yes I know the letter was JRHigh,but he liked it.Oh he is single he's been separated from the mother of his kids for a while now.He has 2 boys 21 & 19.He's got some baggage he's tryng to get ridd of to,he opened up a little to me.It looked like he wants to trust me enough to tell me but not so much so I wont scare off.His usuall purchase is that 3beer pack.Oh he said."I could have gone to 7eleven but instead I come here".He just stared at me.I took it as "just to see you".Right?