+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need some urgent advice

Need some urgent advice

Hi,

I am in need of some advice here, I am married and we have a child, the problem is that it has always been a rocky relationship. I recently made a new friend at work, slowly but surely over a period of 1 year we grew quite close. I started to spend more and more time with her and we even have started to call each other and text outside of work hours.

At first I did not think much of it but as time has gone by I have become very fond of her and feel very attracted to her. Her first language is not English and so we communicate in Spanish as I am also a native speaker but British born. She knows that I am married and for that reason she and I wont cross the barrier. The trouble is that she is now due to leave the country and back to Spain tomorrow and the chances are that I wont probably see her again.

On my last conversation with her she mentioned that it will be too difficult to stay in contact as I am married, she is very decent not trying to overstep the mark.

I suppose want I feel I really want is to remain friends with her, but it will be difficult with regards to my circumstances as my wife has always been very jealous when I have had female friends in the past.

I am finding it quite hard as I got on with her rather well, but I cant sacrifice my marriage and I could not put my child through that.

What can anybody advise here, should I call her before she finally goes and let her know my feelings or totally avoid the situation?

I should know this answer clearly, but it has been awhile I have felt this way and I feel very confused.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by channic247; 17-02-11 at 09:47 AM. Reason: more info

Well she's leaving tomorrow, would she stay with you "just in case" you leave your wife?? Probably not, let her go and go work on your marriage that clearly needs a lot of attention.