+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My life is spiraling out of control...Help!

My life is spiraling out of control...Help!

I have been married 13 years am in the middle of a divorce, am unemployed and am in love with a married woman (the love of my life) who lives 1300 miles away from me. My marraige has been bad since 2004 (my wife had an emotional affair with a co-worker) and we have never been good ever since. I looked outside my marraige, found a girl I fell in love with 25 years ago on FaceBook, reunited and re-fell in love with her again. Got caught sending a text to the wife which was meant for my girlfriend and that's when we headed to divorce court. Three months later, I get laid off and I'm miserable. My girlfriend lives 1300 miles away and I see her every month and a half on average. That's when I had a job. I know that no one would ever recommend doing what I'm doing but I just need one person to tell me I can live through this. I miss my girl, my life is a mess and I'm not sure I'm going to make it. Help!!!!

Well, first of all you need to take care of yourself, financially.. that means getting a job, people say that it's hard, but if you want motivation, just think about how nice it would be living on the street, if someone needs a job he will find one.
    About your divorce, nothing I can say there, except good luck, not much that you can do here I guess.

Love or not, don't mess with a married woman, you think your life is ruined and you're about to ruin someone else's life !

And seriously, not only that you can live through this, you will live through this, despite what it may look like now, it's not the end of the world for you.

I wanted to rewrite this...

When you build relationships on top of old ones (without properly ending the previous one) you set yourself up for failures.
    If your marriage has been bad 7 years running? Either made good on your commitment you swore to uphold....OR? You GTFO of there.

See...once she emotionally became attached to someone else: instead of facing this issue head on: you reacted to it and CHOSE to feel different for your then wife.
    While this is understandable: you both failed to uphold your vows...There is no excuse for either of you, and once you face this the better off you will be.

Last: your current girlfriend is either going to have to be patient and understanding considering you're out of cash....OR?
    She will dump you for lack of physical attention she as a woman NEEDS.

Of course you can live through this, but leaning on a woman who is 1300 miles away is a bad thing to do.
    She doesn't need all of this baggage. Why can't you confide in someone near you? (A male friend?)