+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ok boys. Should I, or should I not take the initiative to text him?

Ok boys. Should I, or should I not take the initiative to text him?

Ok so here's a recap. Went out with this guy on an incredible first date. He asked me out 2 days later before his 2 week long business trip. He canceled via text an hour before the date because his boss bailed on him and he had to work. He texts me the next day telling me he wants to see me soon after he got back. I told him I had to admit I was kinda ticked off he canceled via text. He said he'd make it up to me and that he was stuck with clients when he canceled.

Since then I initiated a couple of text convos with him (and both times he's responded almost immediately within minutes) and he initiated a convo once (last night). Each time he'd told me he couldn't wait to see me again. This is over a span of 1 week. If I'm feeling something, I normally don't hold back and I definitely felt a connection with this guy. And I really want to text him (Just to say hi or something). He tells me he's busy, but I know he has enough time to touch base with me (so I'm not sure why he doesn't initiate a convo more often). And when I say "text", I don't mean the all-day-long-lasting text conversation - just a friendly "hey".

So what should I do?
    1) Should I just wait for him to come back and ask me out again, or would it make me seem less "mysterious" if I text him every couple of days or so.
    2) Or will it keep me fresh in his mind if I keep in touch with him?

Thanks in advance!

I have no clue how men's psychology works. Please help this girl out!

Seriously, just relax. what's the rush. If a guy likes a girl he will tend to initiate texting convos or phone calls, on the other hand he may be busy so don't over think it. i generally tend to leave a gap of a day or 2 and if i hear nothing i then call or drop a text. just follow our gut really. but don't be too pushy or needy.

I don't see why you shouldn't initiate a text now and again.

And I agree with the above poster. Guys will usually initiate texts and convos if they like you, but there is still no harm in initiating now and again. So long as it's not always you initiating it.
    If you are the one always having to call/text....he may not be 'that' interested, or you are an option.

nothing to lose!

No. You should be texting the guy that always hooks you up at the cafe or taco stand. That's the guy who pays genuine attention to you and wont bail an hour before the meet. Thats a textbook move, he is involved.
    Same song and dance.
    "Whats the weather like kid?" --- "Its always sunny in Hell."

Third date! Can't stop fate. Its time to take this thing we got to the next level.
    Ya'know SPEND ALL OF OUR WAKING HOURS TOGETHER!!!!
    SURPRISE showed up at your job again! I was thinkin' I wanna be everything to you.

Wait for him to ask you out or for you to text you back again. The ball looks pretty clearly in his court. Most likely he is just busy and he will get around to contacting you again when things open up.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No you should definitely not text him. You should NEVER initiate texting for the first couple of months.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    No you should definitely not text him. You should NEVER initiate texting for the first couple of months.
    Whaaaat? Why??
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

You know what, if he is away on business, give him his space.....holy s hit you were only on one bloody date, give the guy a break. Don't keep texting him and don't tell him you are pissed about having to cancel or whatever, need I to remind you you are not "official" so stop acting like it. He has backed off probably because you are looking a little high maintenance.

There is nothing wrong with sending out a text every other day BUT don't get pissy over him not responding right away.......that's what 16 year old girls do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Turtle View Post
    No. You should be texting the guy that always hooks you up at the cafe or taco stand. That's the guy who pays genuine attention to you and wont bail an hour before the meet. Thats a textbook move, he is involved.
    +1

Involvment is what I read. I think this guy is trying to make sure he doesnt get caught and is keeping you at an arm's distance to do so.

Note: Intrested Men Act Intrested. You dont have to get them to contact you if they were into guys will contact you.
    Last edited by Anturo; 23-02-11 at 05:04 AM. Reason: spelling

I say take option (3)
    If you're going to be a selfish woman who punishes a MAN for making a living, practices employing principles that make him a good worker...Then clearly:

You need to choose a man that can pamper you in the way you find satisfactory. He isn't that guy.