+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wife has male friend outside of work

So....I went online to view her phone logs. I felt bad doing that but I felt compelled...Saw texting every single day last few months. She pursued him heavily. Gave him acupressure to help him out and he gave her neck massages. She said loved him casually, like 'love u too xoxo'. Texting him at 10pm often, saying 'sweet dreams' Constant requests from her to him asking him to play golf. I think I've had my fill of trash texting. I've convinced myself to end this. good luck to everyone here!

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyWreck View Post
    So....I went online to view her phone logs. I felt bad doing that but I felt compelled...Saw texting every single day last few months. She pursued him heavily. Gave him acupressure to help him out and he gave her neck massages. She said loved him casually, like 'love u too xoxo'. Texting him at 10pm often, saying 'sweet dreams' Constant requests from her to him asking him to play golf. I think I've had my fill of trash texting. I've convinced myself to end this. good luck to everyone here!
    Good luck to you, she is shitty wife and you deserve better.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Telling him 'i love u too xxx' would have done it for me.

Is it normal and for a wife and to tell another guy 'i love u too'? I think not.

She is 'totally' out of order and probably in the midst of a full blown affair with this guy....or she'd like to be.

Good luck for the future and without this tart in your life

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post
    Good luck to you, she is shitty wife and you deserve better.
    we don't know that
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

So....I went online to view her phone logs.
    Just out of curiousity, how did you do that? Is this something specific to fancier tech like Blackberry or Android? Or can this be done with any cell phone? I get a lot of text messages sometimes, and it would be nice to be able to export them somewhere for archiving.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

It was a good marriage for awhile. She golfed. I studied. We drank at night and had great sex afterwards. Now, we drink and fight. I understand and respect her need for golf, but I am jealous of someone providing what I cannot. Thank you both for your feedback.
    I repeat find something that you have a common interest in and GIVE UP UP THE DRINKING MARRIAGE AND DRINKING DONT MIX trust me i was married to an acoholic we always fought you have to find something to bring your bond back a hobby a date night dance lessons art class ceramics a cooking class bring some fun back in the marriage maybe even surprize her with a treat could be a day at the spa or get her nails done in the summer go for an old fashion picnic go to a theme park go on the rides have funnnnnnnnnnnn
    Last edited by sweetkissesforu; 18-02-11 at 09:58 AM.
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    Just out of curiousity, how did you do that? Is this something specific to fancier tech like Blackberry or Android? Or can this be done with any cell phone? I get a lot of text messages sometimes, and it would be nice to be able to export them somewhere for archiving.
    Off topic Vin lol
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Literally everyday.
    It's a bit frequent for my tastes.

My wife texts alot with old friends who are now living quite a ways away, but to text someone you deal with on a daily basis is.. well, fishing in my opinion.

You have four choices, work on ending it, talk about it, try to ignore it, or maybe try to make some changes in how you approach your relationship.

There's most likely a reason why she's looking outside of your relationship, and while it doesn't excuse the behavior, it is probably an indication that she's not happy with where it is now.
    Green!

She's a betrayer, even if it's for fun I will be careful with words too :-@.

It's obvious she's having an emotional affair, the behaviour speaks for itself. Some think it's harmless because sex isn't involved...well it's cheating no matter how you slice it. It's time to slam the hammer down on this. It's obvious there are things lacking in your marriage for her to be seeking the attention of someone else. Communication is key. I suggest couples counseling to see if this marriage is worth saving.

The mere suggestion of "giving a massage" foot , or hand, whatever....it's still an act of intimacy. She's busted.

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    we don't know that
    Not for sure but either he is totally delusional and exaggerating or she is really a shitty wife. I think it is the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    It's obvious she's having an emotional affair, the behaviour speaks for itself. Some think it's harmless because sex isn't involved...well it's cheating no matter how you slice it. It's time to slam the hammer down on this. It's obvious there are things lacking in your marriage for her to be seeking the attention of someone else. Communication is key. I suggest couples counseling to see if this marriage is worth saving.
    How do we kno sex is not involved during her little 'golf games'? He DID mention, they go quite frequently....
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post

How do we kno sex is not involved during her little 'golf games'? He DID mention, they go quite frequently....
    How do we know there is?

Most of the time, when sex is involved the cheater is more discrete. She would be saying telling him a different excuse, like going out shopping for the day, or have an appointment at the spa....Emotional affairs are a different animal. She's not hiding the fact she is spending time with this guy and texting him openly, so I'm guessing sex isn't involved....yet. Women love these kind of affairs. The thrill, The special attention they receive, the suspense, the build up of sexual tension, the emotional high is what they thrive on. With men having affairs, it's usually just about the sex.

No matter how we perceive her activities with this guy friend, it's cheating anyways.

I do appreciate your honesty. I'm just not used to dealing with wife having male friends. I'm totally ok with friends she works with. But the same guy. over and over. it is an emotional affair as far as i'm concerned. its up to me now to accept it, fight it or leave. she is adamant on keeping him as a friend and that hurts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast