+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Movie-like romantic gesture

Movie-like romantic gesture

Hello all,

I just got word through the grapevine that my ex is considering moving to another state. She has to make the decision as early as Thursday. I feel like I have to let her know before she leaves how I feel. I don't want her to go. I'm still very much in love with her after all the time that has passed, and I have a feeling in my heart that she still loves me too. I know "she's thinking about leaving so she probably doesn't feel that way" is the obvious answer to my post, but I just have this feeling of certainty. I'm more certain of it than I've ever been of anything. Maybe it's stupidity or just plain ignorance, but I would hope that in a forum about love somebody would recognize what I'm feeling. Anyways I'm not asking for whether or not to do it, I am. I won't live my life wondering what might have happened if I hadn't been to scared to put myself out there. I'm just looking for if women think my idea is romantic.

We met when I delivered pizza to her, so I want to play off that. I have access to all the same pizza stuff (bags, boxes, and making a receipt) I want to create a fake order to her house and then send myself on the delivery. Instead of pizza in the bag though I'm thinking of having a CD player, flowers, a book, and a set of big pieces of paper. I'm planning on using the CD player to play a song from a show I know she loves in the background. And much like the film Love Actually, use the pieces of paper to write out my message to her and reveal them. ([url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFnSgPC-VXA[/url] : the scene) Of course I plan on personalizing the notes for my situation. After I've gotten through the "cue cards" im going to hand her a pizza box as if I were delivering the pizza. Inside instead will be a ton of flowers and a book for her daughter with a letter I have written specifically for her daughter. I wrote the letter as if it were meant for the daughter alone but I have a pretty strong feeling that she is going to end up reading it since her daughter is only 14 months old (although that was kinda the point, to get her to read it)

I think as a romantic gesture it's pretty sweet. It's personal to our situation, it's embarrassing for me and forces me to really put myself out there, it references back to the better times of our relationship, and it includes her daughter so as to let her know that I know and understand that she will always too be a big part of my life..

I know this all sounds crazy and that pizza delivery is in no way normally romantic, but in it's own way it makes so much sense to me.
    "I only wanted someone to love, but something happened on the way to heaven"

She's your ex. Why would be interested in some crazy gesture from you. I'd try to cut down on the watching of romantic films

Haha fair enough

They should rename this forum the "Cynical Forum"
    "I only wanted someone to love, but something happened on the way to heaven"

go for it man, if thats what you think will work. you know her better than any of us. you will never forgive yourself if you dont do anything and she leaves.
    I got loaded last night on a bottle of gin
    And I had a fight with my redneck girlfriend
    But when I'm drinkin' I am nobody's friend
    Please baby wait for me until they let me out again