+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I can't believe he did this to us?

I can't believe he did this to us?

[SIZE="4"]I've been seeing this man for 5 months now. He is the man that I've been looking for all my life. I am an attractive woman, so finding a man wasn't hard. It was finding a man that I could love that was the problem. Well, in these 5 months I met his family , all of his friends as he has mine. We have so much fun together and life was wonderful until the day after Valentines day.

All of a sudden this man got distant. We use to talk on the phone every free moment and spend all of our time together . Now, for the past 5 days he hardly calls me and I haven't seen him but twice. I confronted him and he said that he felt like he fell off his game. He has stress going on that he has to figure out. He said that he needs to get things back on track that he had been neglecting. He needed to find a way to make extra cash, furnish his new apt, fix his head gasket on his car and other stuff going on. He said that he needed solitute/alone time to think and get things together, burt he wasn't blaming me . He could only blame himself. Well, I asked if I was still his girl and he said yea.

Well, since that talk, I haven't heard from him in 2 days. No call, no nothing. I need to know if I should call him so he doesn't think that I gave up on the relationship or just let it be and wait for him to call me. I'm so confused how a man can go from wonderful to distant overnight? What happened and what should I do? Please help!
    [/SIZE]

Tough call, my gut based on the sudden change says he's gone. Maybe it was all too much too soon

If you give him some time to work it out, I reckon you'll be waiting a long time to hear from him, if at all

And if you contact him and he doesn't want that you stand to drive him further away

Depends how much you want it I guess, whether you are prepared to loose it by fighting for it.

You should at least be entitled to know where you stand, so maybe you need to ask him what's going on, like really going on. If he's not interested just be upfront and say so and that way you can move on

or alternatively just let him call you but be prepared for a wait, and ask yourself why is he calling? Does he really want to get back with you or has it just been a few days since he last had sex?

Me, I'd want to know what was going on and then decide whether I want to be with someone that blows hot and cold like that

notice you like him more now that he hasnt talked to you? man i need to learn how to do that..

My ex went from being in love with me to braking up with me in the matter of 5 hours... so maybe he has some underlying problem you are unaware of?

HMM...This is weird. I don't get it really either?!?! Doesn't really make since to me that everything was ifne until the day after Valentine's Day and then all of a sudden he has all of these problems that he needs to work on? Seems a little fishy to me. But if he says he needs time then you should give it to him...I can't believe that he hasn't even called once in 2 days...I would give him about a week to get his act together and see if he calls...but if not...then I wouldn't even waste my time trying to fix your relationship. I might also send hinm one maybe two text just letting him know you were thinking about him and hoping that he gets everything worked out ok. Honestly sounds to me like he doesn't want to be in a relationship anymore though.

do you think maybe he found some one new
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by sweetkissesforu View Post
    do you think maybe he found some one new

This is exactly what I am thinking. Relationships suck like that sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    notice you like him more now that he hasnt talked to you?
    She didn't say anything about liking him better now that he's ignoring her.

Anyway, OP, it's not coincidence that this happened the day after Valentine's Day. He had probably been wanting this for a while now but put if off so he wouldn't ruin your Valentine's Day. Not sure if this helps at all, but at least you can figure that it wasn't just a weird sudden thing.

He said he needed solitude, and you basically agreed to it. So if you've changed your mind about that, then let him know you won't wait for him.

I don't know.

Something from the depths of my head says he actually DOES want alone time. Hey, I've longed for alone time sometimes where I don't really talk to anyone and I just stay home. that's when my thoughts are all scrambled and I don't really know what to do and things are overwhelming. Everyone's (friends, family, etc.) okay with the alone time I require, and they're kind of used to it.

Another unturned stone in my mind says he might just want to get away from you. I've been friends with someone whom I talked to almost all day, every day, and I eventually decided to branch out socially and meet other people. That might be what he's doing. Of course, this would depend on age. If people are around 28 or lower, they tend to have some relationship, then a handful of friends. If someone's around their mid-thirties or early forties, they tend to talk to 2 or 3 people and they start to stick with one of those for a really long time.

Anyway, I don't think you really have anything to worry about, but I'm just thinking here.