+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So cold

So cold

So I met this girl online. She contacted me and we really hit it off I guess. We talked for a few weeks online and then decided it was worth meeting up. That turned into us spending most of the afternoon together and the 3 days following it. By the next week I was sleeping over consistently for a 2 or 3 weeks. We have not physically been having sex because I want to wait. (yeah, I know.) I have been going through some rough stuff the past few weeks and she has been nothing but supportive the entire time. I finally start to get back on my feet and she has been talking about going home and how excited she was. Its been about a month and I already know that if she leaves its going to be bad when she comes back...gut feeling. We have/had a pretty awesome level of communication, if there is a problem we just put it on the table and its squashed. She left this past weekend and we had a busy schedule over the past week. So trying to be considerate, I gave her space to get work done and get ready to leave, knowing this would probably be my downfall.
    She came back and didnt let me know she was even back safe, let alone that she got there home safe. I tried to talk to her via text just to see if she was okay, considering she might be really tired. All of a sudden (I knew it was coming) she was very short with me. So I let two days go by and I got nothing. So I jokingly engaged in conversation and it turned into sort of a very cold shoulder ordeal. So trying not to pry, I stated I cared and simply said how I felt she was being sort of distant. She took 20 minutes to reply with can we talk about it tomorrow. I didnt return her text. I guess my question is this: Why is it when girls go on vacation, the guy has to start all over again or better yet, is the bad guy? This were really good. Not some jaded perception of good. She was always asking me to come over even though we were having sex. How the heck did I get reduced to two word responses and a lack of her even wanting to tell me whats going on?
    Same song and dance.
    "Whats the weather like kid?" --- "Its always sunny in Hell."

Third date! Can't stop fate. Its time to take this thing we got to the next level.
    Ya'know SPEND ALL OF OUR WAKING HOURS TOGETHER!!!!
    SURPRISE showed up at your job again! I was thinkin' I wanna be everything to you.

Why didn't you talk to her about it? I mean, you could get answers from her, or you can get rough speculation from the internet.

I guess her feelings for you weren't all that strong if they faded so easily. It happens. Better luck next time.

I tried, and I told her on Saturday:

Me: "I miss you"
    Her: "You miss me? Why? lol"
    Me: "I dont have a reason, I just do lol"
    Her: "Okkay I will allow it."
    Me: "What?"
    Her: "Jk"

Then today I tried to talk to her and she was just so cold and I tried to get her to talk but she wouldnt even give me the normal conversation we have. Normally if there is a problem, we just put it out there and squash it. I have a feeling she went home and told her parents and they disapproved, so now I am in the gutter.

Me: "I just feel like you are being distant thats all."
    Her: "Can we talk about this tomorrow"

So I didnt say anything else, I dont want to piss her off more. Its like I killed her dog or something. I honestly dont know what I did.
    Same song and dance.

Third date! Can't stop fate. Its time to take this thing we got to the next level.
    SURPRISE showed up at your job again! I was thinkin' I wanna be everything to you.

Just tell her to be honest and that you can take it. If she still holds back, tell her it's not fair that you are being kept in the dark....if that gets you nowhere then tell her you will make things easier for her and break up with her because there is no sense in dragging this on any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Turtle View Post
    Me: "I just feel like you are being distant thats all."
    Her: "Can we talk about this tomorrow"
    Oh, so that conversation just happened today? Well, talk to her about it tomorrow and report back. Just don't be a clingy weirdo about it. If I understand your post correctly, you only casually dated her for a couple of weeks? She doesn't really owe you a thorough explanation, so don't demand one. Just take it with dignity.

Right, just casually. You are right, she doesnt owe me a thorough explanation and I am not expecting one. I am however asking for at least some semblance of a reason as to why I am in the dog house now. She wont even give me the decency of not being left in the dark and that is something we both agreed was most important. So I feel like this may have something to do with her family and maybe them not approving of me. I have never met them or anything so she may really like me and be confused. But I think I should be told that as opposed to being reduced to the two-word response and "nothings wrong" dialogue. I have no intention of initiating conversation. I havent been clingy with her at all, hence the reason I spoke to her maybe twice last week including saturday and then just today. Figured she needed space when she came back, but I didnt even get the "I'm back in town" text or "Hey I made it back safe." I plan on just preparing to let this one go. This shouldnt get nasty for any reason and I dont see that happening, but I would like to know where I stand.
    Same song and dance.

You're the man now it's time to take a stand.....better get at'er.

Thus far:

Her: Sorry I needed to pass out
    Me (an hour later): Hope you slept well
    Her: I took a sleep aid before we started texting
    Me: Tired is tired. I'm not complaining
    Her: Thank u

We are both busy during the day, but if she doesnt shed light today, I am done.
    Same song and dance.

I think she's losing interest.

just share all things you wanna told her,and you can get the real love

I put it all out there. Well most of it anyway and she flipped the tables and made it about me. I have planned my escape route, now I am making my exit. Sh** sucks, but I got what I wanted. An answer.
    Same song and dance.