+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I overreacting?

Am I overreacting?

Ok. So long story short..well kind of. I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 4 years. We recently took a 3 month break because I felt he wasn't moving forward. We have been living in his grandmas basement for the past 2 years, and I'm really ready to get a place of my own since I'm now 22. Eventually, I ended up moving back in with him..and his grandmother.

Now. Since we've been back together, I guess my attitude towards him as gone down hill. I know I'm a brat sometimes, but its really hard to keep my cool around him.

Anyways, on the break (I hate admitting this part) I ended up going out to the bar with a couple of our mutual friends, and a little thing happened between me and his ex-drummer. Mind you.. before me and my boyfriend got together, i dated this drummer about 2 years before. I told my boyfriend about this..and he accepted it although he does consider this cheating. IDK what to consider it since we weren't together "technically"..or maybe i'm just saying that 'cos i feel bad..idk.

So now we are back together, right, and he says everythings fine, but when he jokes, his jokes are calling me "whore, cunt, slut, bitch, loner, loser..and ect." I, however, get highly upset. I've mentioned to him a couple times and he says I have no sense of humor. My mother yells at me for taking it because I am a blunt person, and speak my opinion with any other person but him. I've recently been just "dealing" with things. Another friend of his tells me I shouldn't put up with it 'cos I deserve more...but his friend has this thing for me, so I figure he's just saying what I wanna hear.

So ok, am I overreacting when I ask him not to call me those names? Is this normal for every relationship? and I guess what the heck should I do if things continue?

If you weren't happy why did you move back in?
    Of all the people to **** around with, why his ex-drummer??
    Sit down and talk to him about it, but it's obvious he's lost a lot of respect for you and it sounds un-fixable if you ask me. On top of all that you say since you moved back with him you've been treating him badly right. It's basic algebra. If you add a BUNCH of negatives to a few positives.....you left with a lot of negatives. Ponder on that.
    Last edited by IncognitoSir; 23-02-11 at 06:26 AM. Reason: edit

He obviously hasn't accepted it. And no, those things are not normal! At least I can never imagine saying that to someone I was going out with and cared about. If he won't stop it then he clearly doesn't care about you enough to merit staying with him. Those aren't jokes, they're just nasty.