+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Problem with girls best friend.

Problem with girls best friend.

I'm going to try to make this as short as possible. I hung out with girlA a few times, once alone. She is really into me but I'm not into her. She is a nice friend and all but I just don't feel any attraction for her. We talked and she that she really liked me liked me but didn't want to go out with me. Cool! Haha Anyway a few days ago I met her best friend girlB and I kinda feel attracted to her. GirlB and I really hit it off and I got her number. One of my best friends is also best friends with girlA and girlB and invited us all out to coffee. I was joking around with girlB and having alot of fun with her. Last night I was texting girlB and she would say that girlA was bored and wanted to text me. I just said sure and texted both of them. Today my best friend that is also best friends with the girls said that girlA is really jealous and assumed that I like girlB. Then she said girlB is all freaked out because she doesn't like me. (Which doesn't make sense because she was flirting with me.) Problem with this is I am not even entirely sure I like like girlB. But I think it would be nice to get to know her and if it leads to something more then so be it. So my question is, how do I fix this so that I can atleast keep girlA as a friend while making it seem that I am not totally into her best friend girlB?

Thanks.

blv is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    lol drama drama! talk to them both individually on the same day. tell girl A how you feel first. she is the one you have known the longest. dont break up a good friendship. step back if you feel you are getting in the way of them being friends. tell them this when you talk to them but only if you mean it. just say this is the way you are feeling right now. be honest. put them first and they will understand and appreciate you more. if you are mature and open with them both and yourself you'll come out ahead.

Ditch girl A because she is trying to cock block you saying this girl B not liking you....that's just bull s hit. Call girl B and hang out with her alone, sounds like you will have a better time with her no matter what happens.

Just keep doing what you're doing. If anyone has a problem with it and doesn't want to be your friend anymore for stupid reasons, there's nothing you can do about that.

Yes lots of drama lol! I dont know if I should tell girl A that im kinda interested in girl B becuase she just cant keep a secret. This may sound really messed up but I dont care if I ever see girl A again as long as she doesnt cause problems. She is really stalkerish to begin with and found out that I dont like that she is really shy so she starts acting really highper. Then she asks me how I like the new her and well no haha!

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Ditch girl A because she is trying to cock block you saying this girl B not liking you....that's just bull s hit. Call girl B and hang out with her alone, sounds like you will have a better time with her no matter what happens.
    Ya it didn't make any sense. She just got mad because I was texting girl B, well actually girl B texted me first.

You are single so you are fair game to anyone you wish....tough t i t s for girl A lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1234 View Post
    I dont know if I should tell girl A that im kinda interested in girl B becuase she just cant keep a secret.
    Why on earth would you tell her that you have a crush on her friend? It's none of her business. Keep your personal business private. What are you, 13?

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    Why on earth would you tell her that you have a crush on her friend? It's none of her business. Keep your personal business private. What are you, 13?
    Maybe I miss read the post but I would rather not tell girl A. Anyway I see them both tomorrow night so some more quick advice would be great. Thanks

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Hmm, the story is a bit confusing. Specially considering the lengths you've known these girls.

How long have you actually known girl a? Doesn't seem like all that long a time but I could be mistaken.

Either way, if you've known her shortly you don't owe her anything. You are free to pursue girl b.
    If you've known girl a for a long time and are good friends with her it's fair to talk to her about your feelings (or lack of) for her. And if she's a good friend you can mention your interest in girl b, as in being honest about it. A good friend would accept it.

In any event, girl a does deserve to know you're not into her as she seems into you. Not nice to string her along.

How do you fix this? Don't expect to reason with immature little girls with saying things like "kinda" and "sorta."
    A woman wants to hear things in absolute...

Obviously you don't know how to assert yourself but you will need to if you want girl B to show you how she really feels.
    She obviously texted you (bullshitting with you) because the point of her doing it was: so you would text girl A: the one who likes you.

If you don't like someone: and you *feel* they like you?
    You man up: and tell them: in a calm tone, "I appreciate the time we spend and the vibe you send me, but I just don't feel that way towards you."
    You don't have to use the friend word to make her feel worse. You can tell them you don't like her: without dropping her dignity.

Then you need to set girl B aside from girl A: and tell her how you handled the situation with girl A, because girl A is going to talk shit to girl B about you.
    So you tell girl B that while you do value the friendship between you and girl A: you actually like someone else....

Then you begin where you left off in the texts (you said were flirty) and see how she responds?
    If she feels as though she is hurting her friend by dating you? She will say, "Yuck" or "gross" just to deflect if she actually does like you.

Immature people suck, don't they?