+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do I stand a chance ?

Do I stand a chance ?

Hi all ! Just joined this amazing forum and would like to seek some advice on my current situation.

I had known this girl for around 3 years and I really liked her but she was already in a relationship. Recently I found out that she just got out of the relationship (probably 3 months ago) because the guy cheated on her. Since then I had been supporting her and motivating her. During valentines day, I sent her an animation that I made through email to try to keep her happy since I thought she might feel down on that day. She saw the email and msn me telling me thanks and said it was so sweet. She even asked me if she could post it on her own blog, I agreed. After which, when I checked her blog, the entry with my animation was 'an animation done by a special someone on vday for me'.

However, since then she never initiates any conversation with me, I have to talk to her then she talks. The stuff that we talk about usually revolves around her.... she never really ask about me.... My question is do I continue to stick around and show that I like her or should I just wait and see if she initiates any conversation with me ? Cos I have this feeling that she is still not over her previous bf cheating on her and she doesn't trust relationships anymore. Will time change anything or am I just being stupid hanging on ?

Thanks !

First I think you are reading too much into her posting 'an animation done by a special somone on vday for me'. It is more likely her way of trying to keep up appearances that she indeed is not the 'heartbroken thrown away girl' they thought she was. That she is back and needs no pity.

Just be yourself and supportive, and make sure you maintain a life that is seperate from her. She is most likely not mentally ready to be a real relationship.

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Hmm, personally I'd say to just tell her you like her and see how it goes from there. I assume you don't want to stay in a friendship where everything comes from you alone.
    So, give it a shot to work towards more. But don't expect too much.

One other point, let her make up her mind if she's ready or not. She might think she is and it mgiht work (and it might not). And perhaps otherwise someone else comes along and makes it work with her.

Of course you stand a chance, a chance in hell, but still a chance.
    She doesn't think of you as a love interest based on her actions.

When it comes to initiating things: you need to tell her, then show her.
    If you just show her: she may not get what you're doing.
    Of course it stands to reason that IF she truly appreciated the little things you do (touching, hugging and physical attention) you give her...
    You wouldn't be here wondering WTF to do.

A clown could give her a balloon and it would also cheer her up.
    Does she appreciate what you did? I think so.
    Does she think of you more than a friend: NOPE.

thanks for all the advice !

well, guess I just have to move on and be myself. Since I have already done all that I could, nothing esle can be done if she doesn't like me

You could always try asking her on a date. Even if she turns you down, it;s better to have tried than not to have.