+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What are my exs intentions, if any?

What are my exs intentions, if any?

Now ive been happily moving on with my life after my ex split up with me because of long distance and academic commitments we both have, the spark had gone, which I agreed with and went NC to get over any feelings I had for her. We did exchange a few messages about getting stuff back etc after that but they were friendly. It was on good terms.

Now I texted her saying hello to see how she was doing a few weeks later and we had a casual chat which was fine it was nice to hear from her. Exactly a week later she sends me a text in the morning about how my friends ex was talking to her randomly and then asks me how the event I took part in went (I spoke to her about it last time we talked). I told her they my mate had split up with her so to be nice. She said that didn't explain why she was talking to her. I told her his ex was probably digging for information (which i'm right shes been speaking to all our girl mates and its annoying) yada yada she didnt text me back after a few messages no biggy.

The next day I get up though and her facebook updates in my feed says something about how she finds certain types of guys attractive... now this did get my attention... and i'm unsure whether this was her intention or whether she has definately just moved on. She would normally never post anything like this.

I'm not sure how to react to this.. or even if I should. I mean when we both move back home there may be a chance to see each other more and possibly get back together, which I would like - but right now i'm concentrating on my work - by her decision which i have come to understand was the right one. I don't have time to chase her, knowing that it's probably a losing battle. I still care about her, but i can live without her.

I thought i'd cleared the air between us but if shes trying to make me jealous.. i'm peeved. I might call her in a few weeks and suggest meeting up over easter when we're home. Now I want to believe shes not playing games, but I have a feeling she is.
    "Im in love with the planet Im standing on, I cant stop thinking of All the people Ive ever loved, All the people I have lost, All the people Ill never know, All the feelings Ive never shown.
    The worlds too big, and lifes too short...
    To be alone...

- The The, Lonely Planet

She is your ex. Why are you even bothering communicating with her? I was with a woman for 8 years. We split up a year ago. We never get in touch apart from when we need to sort out practical things - none of this 'how are you doing bullshit'

I'm only young, it's for the shake of friendship and the possibility of seeing where that friendship might lead after our circumstances have changed. Dont get me wrong im not waiting around to get back with her at the drop of a hat. We were fine before we went long distance. If we did start seeing each other again and our feelings for each other did return then I'd consider it if circumstances were right, if not i'm fine with friends, and if we eventually lose contact so be it. Whats wrong with staying in touch?
    "Im in love with the planet Im standing on, I cant stop thinking of All the people Ive ever loved, All the people I have lost, All the people Ill never know, All the feelings Ive never shown.
    The worlds too big, and lifes too short...
    To be alone...

- The The, Lonely Planet

Quote Originally Posted by Holdme View Post
    I'm only young, it's for the shake of friendship and the possibility of seeing where that friendship might lead after our circumstances have changed. Dont get me wrong im not waiting around to get back with her at the drop of a hat. We were fine before we went long distance. If we did start seeing each other again and our feelings for each other did return then I'd consider it if circumstances were right, if not i'm fine with friends, and if we eventually lose contact so be it. Whats wrong with staying in touch?
    Nothing to do with your age! You ask "whats wrong with staying in touch?" but you come on this board and post a queston because you stayed in touch with an ex and confused about what she wrote on her facebook. Sounds too me you do not really have strong feelings for this woman and your both holding on to each other because you feel lonely and till one of you finds someone else.

hello1 is right, BOTH of you are trying to hold on to a connection. You're NEVER going to get over her this way. Odds are, you two will not come back together after school is done. People change a lot, especially during the younger years and in school. You're running the risk of extreme disappointment at the rate you're acting.

P.S. She made that comment on FB just to get to you.......let the games begin.