+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does she think I'm a creep?

Does she think I'm a creep?

Now, there's this girl I like, and I suspect she might like me, although I don't know. I generally get along with her. Maybe the following thoughts are just paranoia on my part but it's still troubling me.

About two weeks ago we got a bus from College into town, and when she got off, I gave her a hug, something that hasn't happened between us before. It wasn't anything affectionate, just a one armed hug, but I'm worried this may have creeped her out a bit, although again it could just me being my worrysome self!

The following week after lesson me, her and two of her guy friends went for a few drinks. I noticed she was a bit more distant, laughing at my jokes less so than normal for example, although she still laughed at a few of them. I announced I was going for a cigarette and she told me to wait up while she finished her drink so she could join me which I suppose was a healthy sign. However, I said later on I was going for another and she said something about her cigarettes costing her money. I responded jokingly by saying that I didn't invite her to join me, to which she pretended to take offence saying "fine, go then!". Although she was only joking I thought I had upset her for a moment and said sorry. This may have come off as a bit needy. Notably one of her guy friends said something about me "hinting" at something.

I had to leave early anyway because I went to go meet my dad for a few drinks. I took a diversion to buy something to eat, and when I was walking up I stopped to take a call off my dad next to the bus stop just as the bus she gets home pulled up. Now I don't know if she was on the bus, or if she even saw me, but I panicked a bit, turned round and walked away quickly, with my back turned to the bus. If she saw me, maybe she's thought I was stalking her?

I'd also like to add that last Friday I invited her out for a few drinks with people from College on Wednesday, and she gave me her number. When I left her and her two friends she said "see you on Wednesday!" I sent her a text the following evening but got no reply whatsoever. I didn't bother sending her another text in case she feels like I'm not giving her enough space.

Oh, and I'm always staring at her in lesson (can't help myself!) trying to catch her eye.

So, thoughts? And if it turns out I am creeping her out, or just annoying her, any idea how I can turn it round and get in her good books again?

80r is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    You need to calm down. Stop being so paranoid. It's a major turn off for women. Second, why didn't you offer her a cigarette? That seemed like a perfect opportunity to me, and she may have even been subtly asking for it. I assume the 'Wednesday' is this one coming? Just give her a call on Monday or something.

Nah, it's been. I didn't want her to feel like I was being too pushy.

I didn't offer her a cigarette because I knew she had her own.

I do feel like I'm being paranoid and insecure, but at the same time maybe she feels I'm not giving her enough space.