+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 1 year and not even a kiss

1 year and not even a kiss

I am seeing this guy who is 8 years older than me. We both have never been in a relationship before. We go out to the cinems, go walking a lot etc. But after a year it is starting to annoy me that I don't know where I stand with him. Everyone around us assumes that we are going out together, his family call me his girlfriend. I tell people we are friends as he has never said anything different to me, we have never kissed etc. I know that he is very shy, he looks at me sometimes like no-one else ever has, but say at the end of a night and he is dropping me off he often will talk staring out the window and I take his body language to be one of looking me out of the car! We have went to weekends away and stayed in the same room, he never made any kind of move on me. I am the same, very shy and don't think I have the courage to make a move. However a few months ago I sent a text asking him what was going on, he jokinly sent back asking what the hell I was on about and was I drunk!!! He is the one for me.... but how do I play this. Do I try and back off and maybe send less texts, emails etc and wait for him. I was told by someone else that I should let him stew and not be so keen to call him or text him back. Or is it a case of waiting for the right moment and just telling him how I feel and asking him what is going on.

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    If both of you are too shy to make any move you're not going to get far. Seeing as you do want it to get somewhere perhaps you should make a move regardless of how hard it is.
    Next time you two are alone just kiss him on the lips. Doesn't have to be a passionate French kiss, just a kiss on the lips, hold it a few seconds (no peck). And then see how he responds to it.
    Perhaps that simple kiss will change a lot of things.

I agree with above poster. Only way to find out is just to give him a quick kiss on the lips and see how he reacts. If he is shy I wouldnt be suprised if he's hoping you make the first move lol... After the first kiss he will know its ok to kiss you and if he doesn't well you know your answer.

One year and no kiss? What is wrong with you guys?

I think he is gay

If you guys are sleeping in the same bed, in the morning, wake up, kiss him and then leave. That'll really ninja him and he will be forced to ponder it all day. Then you are leaving so you don't have to worry about the immediate consequences. If he is all about your attention after that, then you guys are together and it will progress. He may be too much of a gentleman to make the first move or rush the pace
    Same song and dance.
    "Whats the weather like kid?" --- "Its always sunny in Hell."

Third date! Can't stop fate. Its time to take this thing we got to the next level.
    Ya'know SPEND ALL OF OUR WAKING HOURS TOGETHER!!!!
    SURPRISE showed up at your job again! I was thinkin' I wanna be everything to you.

Nah.... he's not gay. I think he's just very shy and a little backward. If he was gay I would know. I just don't know how to work him out. Should I back off and let him come to me, but on the other hand should I pursue him?

sadie_genie Guest
    Is he religious and therefore afraid of any physical contact with the opposite sex?

Have you talked about this issue face to face? Maybe there are some insecurities that he might have? Or maybe he isn't interested in being more than friends? The only way to find out is to communicate.