+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Co-Workers/Manager Dating Possible?

Co-Workers/Manager Dating Possible?

1) can 2 co-workers go out with each other?

2) can a guy who is an employee ask a female manager out?

3) is it wrong for a guy to hit on a girl with a bf? basically trying to steal her... do u accept this kinda act?

1) Sure. But be prepared for everyone else to know your business if they aren't tight-lipped. And be prepared that if things go sour for one reason or another that everyone else will know, and will probably pick a side or other, and people who were once your friends will wonder why you treated so-and-so like this or treater him/her like that, etc. etc. And if you guys have a fight, good luck dealing with the guy/girl at work until that fight is settled (which CAN take a very long time in some cases)

In my opinion, if it's a job you intend to keep for a while, I wouldn't date a coworker unless they don't interact with you every day at the job (meaning in a different department or something)

2) Dating into different work 'heirarchies' is a very bad idea. You'll suffer from treatment one way or other. Either they'll play you as their favorite (in which case everyone else will see it and secretly, or not so secretly despise you for it), or the manager will be even HARDER on you just to show everyone else that you're NOT getting special treatment. And what happens if they tell you to do something that you don't agree with? You ahve to obey at work because they are your boss, but then later you have to sit down and talk about it and you might be mad while they are sorry or vice-versa, or just both mad.

I don't recommend this AT ALL.

3) Do YOU think it's wrong? How would you feel if you had a girl and found out some guy at her job was trying to steal HER away? Would you just sit back and say, "Whatever." I think the Golden Rule applies here. If you are the type of person who wouldn't care if some guy was trying to take your girl, then you won't feel bad trying to do it to someone else. Otherwise, you already THINK it's a low and dirty thing to do and are asking us either for "confirmation" so you won't, or asking us to convince you that it's "ok" so that way your conscience has an escape.

Rod Steele

Quote Originally Posted by Haxor
    1) can 2 co-workers go out with each other?
    2) can a guy who is an employee ask a female manager out?
    3) is it wrong for a guy to hit on a girl with a bf? basically trying to steal her... do u accept this kinda act?
    1) SURE! Working together is no illness and based on some article i read, most relationships comes from work colleagues! I have also experience with that, sad is when it breaks and you still have to work with him (what i didnt needed so much).

2) SURE!

3) I do not believe in stealing partner or so. For cheat or partner change must be allways two! If she is satisfied in her current relationship, she will never leave him for another man.
    It is not realy nice to ask GF of your friend, if you dont know him i would not care. I would not do it for married man/woman, this is not nice too.

4) If you are in situation that you like to ask your manager with bf, thank good luck!
    More about me on homepage

I am in complete agreement with Alexi on this one.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

all three are fine so long as you know what your doing and your sure about it. now if your stupid about any of these three things it will bite you in the ass. definately.
    awannn

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by val
    1) SURE! Working together is no illness and based on some article i read, most relationships comes from work colleagues! I have also experience with that, sad is when it breaks and you still have to work with him (what i didnt needed so much).

2) SURE!

3) I do not believe in stealing partner or so. For cheat or partner change must be allways two! If she is satisfied in her current relationship, she will never leave him for another man.
    It is not realy nice to ask GF of your friend, if you dont know him i would not care. I would not do it for married man/woman, this is not nice too.

4) If you are in situation that you like to ask your manager with bf, thank good luck!
    You seem like you up for anything. I see that all as bad bad bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxor
    That remind me of something that happened some years ago...

When i was 18, some guy did flirt with my GF and tried to kiss her one day even tho he knew she was with me. The next day my GF told me what happened, i'm not violent or anything generally,pretty calm in most situations, and never hited on someone before. but that made me go really mad, being very jealous and possesive at the time didn't help. I took the car and was driving to that guy's home, when i spoted him walking in the street. I stoped and got out of the car, walked up to him, and even tho he was like 2 times as big as me, i punched him in the face, he did back off one step, and with all my strength and anger, i punched him again and he fell down on the ground. So i told him if he ever try and touch my GF again, i swear i'd kill him. I went back in the car then and left.
    The next day i had the cops knocking at my door. And i found out that i sent the guy at hospital, broke his nose and jaw.
    I kinda regreted what i did then, maybe i overreacted. But he shouldn't have tried to flirt with my GF and even less try to kiss her in the first place
    That's what happens when you play with fire.

As for your question, it's wrong to do it imo, and not something i accept. And definately not something you want if you don't want to risk getting in that kind of troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    You seem like you up for anything. I see that all as bad bad bad.
    love is love. and life is one. why would i give up to get love of my life just because he meet me later? or because he is higher positioned or working in same company? When you will be old and sitting with your wife together under appletree looking to your babies and their babies, you will find it funny that he/she was few years working as your bos or had another friend.
    More about me on homepage