+ Follow This Topic

Thread: gf broke up with me, but doesn't want to be friends. Can't understand why?

gf broke up with me, but doesn't want to be friends. Can't understand why?

My girlfriend broke up with me a few days ago. She did it online and told me to make it easier for me and to prevent me from suffering I should delete her from my life. Take her off my facebook, delete her number etc. So that we are not even friends. I told her I didn't want to do this because I still want to see her and be friends.
    She said if I didn't do it she would do it for me.
    I'm finding it harder to cope now knowing I will never see her again because she was a really good friend and I don't want to lose a friend as well as a girlfriend. I told her this, but I don't think she's listening.
    I didn't hurt her in our relationship it ended because we had become distant and she claims even though she still loves me and wanted to give me another chance she had learnt to let go of me.
    She always sed if we ever did break up she would want to remain friends and be civil around each other, but somethings changed and I don't know what.
    I'm not sure whether she's trying to make me hate her (I don't) so that I get over her or if she's doing this to make it easier for her because she still has feelings for me and can't bear to see me.
    She's only 18 and I think I'm her first serious boyfriend and some people I've spoken to said she's being a bit immature about this.
    I was hoping for some female advice on maybe what she's thinking and if there is anything I could do or say to make her reconsider.
    Oh and I know it's not because she hates me because I asked her that and she said she didn't (unless she was lying)
    It feels like her intentions are good, but it's making it harder.

She's doing it to make it easier on you and I perceive that to be 'common sense' and there is nothing immature about it. Immature are your friends, who say she is being immature.

Maybe further down the line you two can be friends.

She might be making it easier on herself as well. It's hard to be friends directly after a break up. Things can get muddled and confused. And if she's already over you, there might be the chance that she's afraid you will hold onto some hope that because you're friends, you can win her back. Do as she asks and start moving on. Good luck.

How about some Male advice. Do as she says because even though its something she wants. It is something you need as well.

No Contact.

I know you've got feelings and emotions involved but somewhere someone gave her the best advice for moving on.

Do not let her consume your thoughts as you will do irrational things.

Do yourself a favor get a hobby or two that you enjoy and focus your time there for a while.

You couldnt nut up and do this yourself so she went and did it for you.

Can you be friends one day? Sure just not anytime soon. She gets this and likes you enough to try and help you get it.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Highly unlikely nor a good idea to remain friends with exes.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    Highly unlikely nor a good idea to remain friends with exes.
    It can happen. I'm actually quite good friends with most of mine (I only have 4 so....). In fact, i'm only on bad terms with my most recent. That being said, it takes time. After we broke up, we didn't talk to a while. We took time to ourselves, to start healing. You are not at the healing point yet. Let yourself get there. It could take a long time. Do what you need for yourself and then maybe you can be friends with her one day. Just don't force it. Don't text her or anything.