+ Follow This Topic

Thread: No idea where to go from here - girl advice needed

No idea where to go from here - girl advice needed

Hi, everybody. I just joined so I could ask for advice as to what to do next - I'm in a situation that I don't want to mess up.

There's a girl at my college who I've been friends with since last August, but recently we've been a little more flirtatious with one another; talking more at parties, dancing more, exchanging subtleties and so on. Well, last week we went to a concert in a group, and during the show she insisted on taking pictures with me, hung close, etc. Near the end of the show, she came up to me and told me she had nearly passed out from exhaustion, which obviously scared me, so I told her to tell me if that happened again and we'd go sit down. She seemed to appreciate that and rested her head on my shoulders; I rested my head on hers, very briefly. The ride home from the show, the two of us were very close in the backseat, pressed up against each other and falling asleep on each other, too. I don't think I'm reading too much into it to assume there was some mutual interest going on there; not to mention I was the only person she warned of her near-passout experience, leading her to say in front of my group of friends that I was the "sweetest guy" she knew. Now we've been talking a little more, but I don't want to overcrowd her. At the same time, I feel like now is the golden opportunity to ask her out on a date. I don't want to pass the opportunity by. What should I do?

Thanks.

Ask her casually, and see what she says. She sounds like she has a bit of interest in you.

If you feel the time is golden. Then dont let the moment pass you by.

Sack up and ask.

The worst thing you can do will be to get a month from now, be in the friend zone, and then ask.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    OMG you're so dumb. You should have tried to kiss her at the concert. She obviously likes you, you've had about 100 "golden opprotunites". Why don't you actually take one!

"Sweetest guy"? It sounds like he's already in the friend zone....
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Plain and simple, ask her out. She is into you, you're into her, what's the confusion?

Of course, ask her out! I think she'll be happy to go on a date with you, she is making such obvious hints

Women like a strong and confident man. While they want to be appreciated and understood as individuals and respected as such... They still like their man to take charge from time to time and make things happen without them having to guide them.

While it is possible that she is just comfortable with you platonically, chances are there is something else there. But seems like your window of opportunity is closing fast.

A lesson for you from me... One I hope that you will remember for many many years to come...

Never be afraid of what if when it comes to talking to the opposite sex. Confidence is much more attractive to women than physical looks. You have seen those weird or ugly guys with knockout women right? Why do you think they can do that? Its not money... Its confidence.

SO what do you do now???

Find something that you can do together that is fun but can be done with just the two of you. Tell her hey, I am going to try out this quaint little restaurant down town on friday, will you be ready to go at 6:30?

Assume, she is going to go, dont ask if she would like to go, dont give her an option of another place, dont second guess if she likes seafood or something. Just I am going here, will you be ready when I come by?
    Last edited by Romance More; 01-03-11 at 05:21 AM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Romance More View Post
    Women like a strong and confident man. While they want to be appreciated and understood as individuals and respected as such... They still like their man to take charge from time to time and make things happen without them having to guide them.

While it is possible that she is just comfortable with you platonically, chances are there is something else there. But seems like your window of opportunity is closing fast.

A lesson for you from me... One I hope that you will remember for many many years to come...

Never be afraid of what if when it comes to talking to the opposite sex. Confidence is much more attractive to women than physical looks. You have seen those weird or ugly guys with knockout women right? Why do you think they can do that? Its not money... Its confidence.

SO what do you do now???

Find something that you can do together that is fun but can be done with just the two of you. Tell her hey, I am going to try out this quaint little restaurant down town on friday, will you be ready to go at 6:30?

Assume, she is going to go, dont ask if she would like to go, dont give her an option of another place, dont second guess if she likes seafood or something. Just I am going here, will you be ready when I come by?
    Money Helps....Money Helps Confidence as well

But on a serious note: Listen to the wise words above.
    Maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I do not know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Romance More View Post

SO what do you do now???

AWESOME ADVICE!! It is just what I was thinking. Man up, take the lead and sweep her off her feet! It is better to ask for forgiveness then it is to ask for permission. So just do it already!

Well, I didn't think I'd see her yesterday, so I sent her a Facebook message bringing up the possibility of going out to dinner this weekend. This morning I find out she's gone home, presumably sick, and never responded to my message, though she's most likely seen it.

Well, I ****ed up...

Bonfire I have never understood the 'wear her down' approach. I am not saying it doesn't work because I have heard many guys tell success stories (successful as far as getting them to date, not a successful long term relationship). However, why would you want to be with someone who you essentially goaded into going out with you? I certainly wouldn't. I'd rather be with a woman who is mature enough to know what she wants and acts accordingly, not some woman who is so undecided/weak minded that she'll go out with someone who bugs her long enough.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...