+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Birth control

Birth control

I just wanted to get some ladies feedback on birth control. What kind are you taking? And if so, are there any negative side effects? I'm thinking about going on some, but I have heard positive and negative things about a few different kinds. I want to see what are the best ones out there!

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I take pills. No side effects. I used to take depo provera shots and got really depressed after that. That's why I needed to change to pills. But my side effects don't have to be your side effects.Each body is different. There are some women with side effects after pills. So you just have to try different stuff and find the right one for you.
    I wazzzz here

Did you hear of the greatest birth control on the market? Its a food you only have to eat once and you'll never have to worry again.

Its called Wedding Cake.

j/k....my wife uses Mirena IUD...she has had zero complications with it. Hope it helps.

hahaha yeah I guess I'll have to try around. the one thing I guess I'm the most worried about is gaining weight... I don't want that to happen. I've heard people also say they break out with acne or have mood swings, stuff like that. I don't think I would ever take the NuvaRing though. A couple friends of mine have had it and it made them both go psycho. I guess each person is different though, I'll try one and see how it goes

My fiancee was on the pill for a short period 15 years ago when she first got married. The mood swings were so bad she almost killed her husband. She never went on birth control after that.

When I was on the pill I gained weight and felt more moody. Which I suppose, to be fair, DID make it even less likely that I would get pregnant .

I hear that hormonal pills have gotten better in the past few years. I haven't tried them in a LOOOONG time.

sadie_genie Guest
    Start with the pills with low estrogen because those are the ones that usually have less side effects. Alesse is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaius View Post
    My fiancee was on the pill for a short period 15 years ago when she first got married. The mood swings were so bad she almost killed her husband. She never went on birth control after that.
    so what does she do now?

I've never been on the pill nor had birth control injections of any kind.

The only method I ever used, was the iud or 'coil' as it's known over here. Once it's there, you forget about it.

I take the pill. There is some weight gain associated with it, but it's like 1-3 lbs a year. That can be avoided by stepping up your exercise routine and watching what you eat. Talk to your gyno though about the pros and cons of all of the different types to decide what's best for you.

I take yasmin and it's great. i havent had any side effects and its also good for treating acne

I was taking Yaz. It worked great! I didn't have any side effects nor did I gain weight. I loved it...I was only on my cycle for four days a month and no cramps, no bloating, no nausea. It was great for me.