+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you be flattered or scared if...

Would you be flattered or scared if...

Hi, I'd like to ask you this:

Would you be flattered or scared if a girl googled you, then she found your blog and sent you a comment on it?
    [Notes: You met "a girl" once and just talked a little, more than saying hello.]

[Edited: This is not clear so I specified the situation below.]
    Last edited by shicchan; 01-03-11 at 09:58 PM.

I'd call it 'stalking'...lol

I've had a guy do that with me. He googled my name and to see if I had other profiles....and left messages. I was kinda shocked that he'd felt a need to check up on me like that and thought he must be 'obsessed' with me or something.

I forgot to mention that "you" are on a local TV show.
    Is it still the same?

It’s the celebrity aspect.

Chicks more so than men, yet men can be known to do it, tend to think if someone many others see acknowledge them. Then they are somehow important themselves.

It’s a low self-esteem thing on her part.

Creepy maybe. Uncommon for someone of your status. No.
    Maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I do not know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonfire View Post
    If she's attractive => flattered => date. If she's unattractive => flattered => no date.
    So you mean you'll get flattered by the action anyway, either if she's attractive or unattractive?

Quote Originally Posted by Anturo View Post
    Uncommon for someone of your status. No.
    someone of my status?

If you are a celebrity of some sort, then I'm unsure why you would be so concerned as to why this particular girl has googled you?

After all and as a celeb, you will have many 'unknowns' google you and on a daily basis - yet that won't be strange to you.

Umm depends if I was sort of liking the guy I said a 'little more than hello' to. If I was liking him, I would appreciate the effort he took. If I didn't like him, it would be creepy. Anyway internet stalking is by far better than showing up on the doorstep or being physically followed.

I usually don't give out my last name to someone who says 'hello' to me. So your story/question has holes in it. Obviously more than a 'hello' transpired. Can't find someone unless you have info on them, like - town they live in, school they go to, email nic/address and ESPECIALLY their last name.

Quote Originally Posted by shicchan View Post
    someone of my status?
    Yes. You said you are on a local tv show right?

That gives you "local celebrity status".
    Maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I do not know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

Okay, I'm sorry I confused some of you. So I'm going to specify the situation.

I(28 yrs old) went to my friend(37 yrs old)'s wedding party last Saturday and there was this guy(29 yrs old) hositng. He was my friend's student when he was in high school. We both went to the after party, where we met for the first time. There I knew his full name, his age and that he was on a local TV show, though he's not so famous. I hadn't heard of or seen him before. We just exchanged conversations like me saying, "You were a great host today," and "You have a great voice." I was attracted to him after the two parties so I came to want to know about him. Then I googled him and found his blog. I just don't want to tell the friend or other friends at the wedding yet that I like him, so I'm working on my own. Also, to write a comment on the blog, I need to register on the site. It is simple for me to just register but it makes me feel like I'm going to scare him. So I wanted to ask you whether I should feel this way or it's not a big deal.

It would have helped, had you given more details and the 'facts' in the first post.

I was thinking you were the 'man' in this situation....and this female had already posted a comment.

If you post, if he aint dumb I would imagine he'd suspect that you'd taken a shine to him. Why google him otherwise.

Flattered I guess. Depends on what your comment would be. Personally, try the real life angle. You know who he is, is he a friend of your friend? If so, send an old fashioned 'I'd like to get to know you' through your friend.
    The internet is a little too impersonal at times, and the creepy factor is higher, just cause it's the internet.
    Green!

So you mean you'll get flattered by the action anyway, either if she's attractive or unattractive?
    Why not? I even get flattered when a gay man tells me he finds me attractive. Why not? It's not like it's going to change my mind about sleeping with 'em. It's just a minor ego boost when somebody else likes the way you look.

It's also nothing to get a big head about, I mean what did I have to do with it? It's just the genetics.

Okay, I'm sorry I confused some of you. So I'm going to specify the situation.

I(28 yrs old) went to my friend(37 yrs old)'s wedding party last Saturday and there was this guy(29 yrs old) hositng. He was my friend's student when he was in high school. We both went to the after party, where we met for the first time. There I knew his full name, his age and that he was on a local TV show, though he's not so famous. I hadn't heard of or seen him before. We just exchanged conversations like me saying, "You were a great host today," and "You have a great voice." I was attracted to him after the two parties so I came to want to know about him. Then I googled him and found his blog. I just don't want to tell the friend or other friends at the wedding yet that I like him, so I'm working on my own. Also, to write a comment on the blog, I need to register on the site. It is simple for me to just register but it makes me feel like I'm going to scare him. So I wanted to ask you whether I should feel this way or it's not a big deal.
    Ok, I had that one backwards.

Anyways no it would not be a big deal.

Yes, he is on TV, so I am sure he gets people who fancy him from time to time.

I am also sure he is aware of the fact that women who fancy him probably look him up considering there is public info out there on him from being on TV.

Would it be creepy of you to contact him via blog? No. Would you be the first? Maybe, but probably not. I am sure you wont be the last either.

Most local personalities are more down to earth than you would think. I know a few myself in my surrounding area.

Thanks everyone! and I'm sorry again for the unclearness.
    I might try posting a comment when I feel it's right. I wish I could get in touch with him through my friend but I'm not comfortable talking about him with the friend yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast