+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I fancy a girl at work!

I fancy a girl at work!

Right, I'll tell you how it is, plain and simple.

I work at Waitrose on the fresh department, she works on the deli counter. I only work fridays with her on which I only get 15 mins break and I'm pretty sure she doesn't get a break. I can't get her number at work because phones on shop floor (especially over a counter) is well against the rules. She works Saturdays as contract but I do not. I can get overtime on Saturdays and usually catch her on lunch but the chances of me getting the overtime and being on the right lunch are fairly slim. I've spoken to her a few times now, I'm pretty sure she's interested but every time failed to get her number, just her name.

What should I do?!

My best bets right now are to just try get more Saturday overtime and catch her on lunch. This of course means week intervals (I'm a very short term person and would rather a speedy process) at very least.

P.S. I've tried for the life of me to stalk her on FB but it's just not happening.

Why don't you just go to Waitrose on Saturday as a customer to buy some "whatever" and just ask her out?

You make me seem so simple minded. That's actually kinda genius. But then, what if she doesn't serve me? Or what if I man down in front of the other staff?

Well if she doesn't serve you and is out the back, then ask to speak to her. Or if she is serving someone else, then just wait until you can talk to her. Or find out when her break is and go talk to her.

And if you do ask her out, she will figure you only dropped in to do that and will find that sweet

And if you man down in front of the other staff, just eat the "whatever" you bought for lunch

seriously it's a win - win, you either leave with the girl of your dreams or a pork pie

You're not wrong! I can't believe I didn't think of this! You're good!

Thanks!