+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I suddenly hate my boyfriend for no reason, what's up?

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Ok, despite him being a seemingly good guy I will advice you to break up with him anyway.

You have tried for a LONG time already. It is very well possible that you do not understand your own emotions and need professional help... so I will advice you to pursue that. However, at this time, while not knowing what exactly you feel and why you feel that way, having him in your life as a romantic love doesn't seem sensible.
    Break up with him. Let him know you need to sort yourself out on your own without expectations. Perhaps you'll feel you miss him eventually and want to be with him again, but for now you need a long break from him and professional help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Turtle View Post
    Thanks for being honest and pointing out that he is not the bad guy. FINALLY AN HONEST ONE. Bleeding Christ they do exist.
    Hahaha, yes, it seems to be the case. He's a good guy. No more problems than the next guy, then again no fewer than the next guy either. He's very sweet, but a little over protective and clingy. Nothing which shouldn't be endearing, hence the confusion, though I do believe this topic has come to a conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Talith_of_Rendi View Post
    (To SelflessnHumble) I'm nineteen, and I've been with four guys. My current is the only with whom I've had physical intimacies.
    First off, I commend you for your choices! Very rare for a 19 year old.

I must have a mental issue, which I am willing to check for given my family's and my personal mental history.
    I have to ask...Were you abused, neglected or abandoned?
    Has this type of feeling ever happened before? Or did it only start once you became "physical" with him?

My great emotions of discontent." I think that would be more accurate...
    This ^^^ is an indication that YOU have great emotions of discontent within yourself and are projecting them
    outward upon this innocent guy who's unaware of your deep rooted and secretly hidden feelings.

I've stayed due to both his prompting and my own curiousity as to what in the world could have happened.
    (1) You shouldn't stay with him because he asked you to
    (2) You shouldn't stay with him as some sort of personal experiment/detective work in finding out *why.*

As I stated before, it seemed as though it could have been PMS or stress or something related, but before I knew it the trend continued for, I dare say, a year and a half now? It doesn't seem to add up and I thought I'd give public forum a chance before consulting a professional assessment. The suddenness of the situation makes me wary.
    One thing for certain: this isn't normal. Out of 2 years...75% of that time you've had this feeling?
    So, did you have sex with him early, late? Was it 6 months into meeting him?

A good reason to me would be a break of trust or a harmful situation which occurs within a relationship.
    (1) See, by harboring these feelings you are in essence cheating on him emotionally by withholding the
    kind of love he deserves to have reciprocated as he does for you.
    (2) This issue you have is detrimental to your relationship's health. I'd call it harmful.

His explanation of the understanding is that he feels I don't "Grasp emotions the way a healthy person should, and therefor misinterpret them due to over thinking."
    Please give an example of this. Which emotions do you have when________is done or said and
    which (emotions) does he feel are healthy ones?

The only mental 'hang ups' I was aware of prior to this relationship had nothing to do with personal relationship in the past. Until now the only issues presented were those of severe panic attacks brought on by hospital related sounds, and my night terrors which have persisted into my adult life. Both of which I'm getting help for. He believes I have new mental hang ups now, which is part of my inquiry to this forum. He knows of all of these, it was part of what made him feel so protective over me.
    See, no one can really truly know the answer to this: only you hold the key.
    Professionals can help pinpoint it: but you have to accept what is found first.

What have you suffered/gone through (then) that enables these terrors to manifest (now) into your present life?

I'm staying out of his asking because he swears its better that we stay together than my breaking up with him to work on whatever is going on. If this course of action is "selfish", then I suppose I'm unfamiliar with the term as it applies to social life.
    Being selfish is knowing you have a problem that affects those around you, you love and care for, yet
    despite this you stay with them, while hurting them in the process. See, the price to pay in staying with someone who is damaged is that you WILL hurt your man eventually. You can claim you didn't mean to, but what you describe only gets worse over time. Eventually his mental notes he keeps track of (all the times you've lashed out)
    come to a boiling point sooner or later. It has been my experience the cuteness of him being your hero wears
    off over time and he may end up resenting you.

However if he insists on you staying with him, and then you choose to stay with him?
    It's your choice, not ours. Just as it is his choice to stay with you.
    While I don't see how choosing to stay with him (based on your aforementioned reasoning)
    would be considered selfish...consider this: he loves you, cares for you and is willing to put up with
    your issues and look past them. However...the thing I see is:

-He is mentally strong/determined to help you and be there for you
    -But are YOU strong enough to be able to be with the man you love while lashing out at him and potentially hurting

him (each time this happens) because you like him one second then the next you "hate" him?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12