+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is she beginning to like me?

Is she beginning to like me?

Hi im a 26 male.A couple of months ago a girl who i worked with got transferred to a different town, same company. We got on really well when we worked together and had some fun times. During the time i worked with her i began to develop feelings for her which she picked up on. So she is aware of how i feel towards her.
    Theres a problem though, she has a boyfriend of 4 years. She stays at his parents with him because she got kicked out of her own parents house. She basically got rescued by her boyfriends parents because she had no where else to go.
    I have to admit at times a was a bit too up front about my feelings towards her when i shouldnt have been. But i dont do that anymore. There have been times when i thought she was interested in me in the past.
    I will try and get to the point lol. Basically since she left i have not been contacting her because my feelings are so strong for her that it hurts to talk to her. She picked up on my silence as i used to talk to her alot. She began messaging me alot asking if i was ok and telling members of staff at my work that she missed me and wanted me to talk to her.
    Recently though she has been messaging me more often just fot trivial things. After several months of keeping contact to a minimum i went to see her at her work. I told her missed her. When i had left she text me saying that she misses me to, we used to have a laugh together. She also said that if i had stayed longer we could have gone to lunch together on her break.
    She sent me another text a weel later asking if i was gutted that she had left the shop i work in. I jokingly text back no im not gutted. She replied with fine then, because i wasnt gutted she had left.

She says she also missed a few other staff members in work but the last time she spoke to them was when she worked with them. So shes only been talking to me.

My question is do you think shes beginning to have feelings for me. I know her relationship is a bit stale a the moment. Also she is sort of stuck at her boyfriends house. If she left him she would have no where to go.

Your opinions would be much appreciated, thanks

So many stories in these forums of guys who have feelings....and for a female with a partner.

Hard to say. She could be just being friendly and reciprocating the 'miss you' and because you say it first.

How about telling her not to contact you anymore and until she is single and 'available'....

Thanks for the reply.

It is definately hard to say. I guess the only person who knows is the girl in question.
    Also should i tell her that im not talking to her because it hurts too much?

Quote Originally Posted by v3o3d3 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

It is definately hard to say. I guess the only person who knows is the girl in question.
    If it hurts you to stay in touch, you should cut her off and tell her why you are doing so, rather than just start to ignore her. Or if you don't want to do that, do as I said before and tell her that you feel you are both crossing boundaries and when she's involved elsewhere.
    So long as you continue to have conversations with her and live in hope, you won't be able to move on and other opportunities pass you by.

Take it from me, I've been there too.

If she had strong enough feelings for you she would have found a way to be with you. You are in the friends zone. Don't miss interpt "I miss you" as "I want to be with you". Girls just like attention and if the BF isn't around she's just gonna use you, as like someone on here has said, her emotional tampon. I know what it's like to bond with co-workers, and I've had my run ins with guys crushin on me, but there was no way I was going to leave my guy for some dude at work....I never had any interest, even after being here for 20 years. So I wouldn't hold up a ton of hope, better to keep you options open.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    If it hurts you to stay in touch, you should cut her off and tell her why you are doing so, rather than just start to ignore her. Or if you don't want to do that, do as I said before and tell her that you feel you are both crossing boundaries and when she's involved elsewhere.
    So long as you continue to have conversations with her and live in hope, you won't be able to move on and other opportunities pass you by.

Take it from me, I've been there too.
    Ya what she says.....

Quote Originally Posted by v3o3d3 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

And what is that going to acomplish? It won't be in your favor.....you will just look like a wimp a ss. Let it go.

Thanks again for your responses. Boundaries are definately being crossed. Several months ago when i was being too forward,lol.Ii asked her to meet up and she said that people would talk if they saw her with another guy. Yet she offers to go for dinner recently. These sort of situations confuse me. Should i ask her if she sees my as just a friend. And if she does then i will tell her that i cannot talk to her anymore.

Fair enough.