Long story short, I have been dragged through the mud with relationships and decided I wanted to get back on the horse and really find something worth it. Since my last relationship which ended in absolute disaster (only because she got all the money and the dogs hahaha) I have been met with nothing but childish games and girls just wanting to hook up, blah, blah, blah, you know the drill, we all go through.

I met this girl and it just felt so good. She made me feel more comfortable than I have ever felt with anyone. I am not claiming she is the one. BUT, I have been emotionally closed off and turned into a real bastard for the most part. I think it was to protect myself from getting hurt. Now I know I am a great guy and nice on the inside, but I have this really tough sheet of "armor" and a deadly tongue. But this girl basically said "f*** your perimeter" and walked right in. I didnt put up any objections and just let it happen. Well we broke off whatever it was because she feels that I press my opinion and think I know more than everyone else. Inside I really don't, I can only speak adamantly about the things I've been through (been on my own since 15, so I've seen quite a bit over the last decade). But I have been working to change that and even more so with her. I really like her for one reason or another and haven't slept with her out of fear of being walked out on again. I agreed with her saying "I just want to be friends" as I know what that means and claimed no hard feelings, telling her "if I'm not what you want, then I'm not what you want. Sucks, but it is what it is"

Is this where I fight? Is this where I lay it all on the line? I am not the crazy stalker type and find it extremely easy to detach myself from people, (a defense mechanism because people have walked out on my since I was little) but I something inside of me is screaming at least fight and try. I know how to screw things up more than I can make them better, so I am asking if it will do more damage than good.