+ Follow This Topic

Thread: firs datewas great, but follow up not so much...

firs datewas great, but follow up not so much...

Hi guys--
    So I had a date a couple of nights ago with a man I'd been corresponding with on a dating site. He lives in another town about 2 hours from me and I was going there for another reason, so we decided to meet up. He'd been very flirty and also very sweet. I'm 47, he's 51. So we meet up, he kisses me on the cheek, and it's all smiles and laughter and interesting conversation through a drink, dinner, and walking around town. We talked about everything under the sun from science to relationships to family to history, heartbreaks we'd had, and more. We are both playfully intelligent and funny and warm, it seemed to me, and I loved being with him. He held my hand, kissed me many times, and at the end of the evening after he walked me back to my hotel asked me if I would come back to town again. I told him I could. More kisses, then good night.

The next morning he e-mailed me on the dating site, saying how much he liiked my laughter and kisses. He could have texted or called me since we have each others' cell #s, and he didn't say anything about meeting again. So I felt glad that he wrote, but also a little disappointed. A few hours later I wrote him back saying I'd had a wonderful time and would like to keep talking if he wanted to as well. I gave him my personal e-mail address. It's only been a day since I wrote but no response yet.

Maybe he didn't have a good a time as I did? Maybe he doesn't want to do long distance dating? Maybe he's just cautiously processing everything? It's no fun waiting to find out and it might help me to hear some thoughts from you guys...

Keep your options open.....I'm sure that is what he is doing too. I guess you could give it another day and if nothing you have your answer.

Thanks for your reply. It helps just to bounce it off someone. Yeah, it's just hard. I really really like him. Dating is such a rollercoaster ride.

He wrote to me.. using the e-mail address I sent him.

Ahhh..... the old "dont call her for a week" trip is such a fantastic tool! Good luck in your new relationship!

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Ahhh..... the old "dont call her for a week" trip is such a fantastic tool! Good luck in your new relationship!
    More like 3 days.....

Thanks, guys!