+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my epiphany.. might help some of you

my epiphany.. might help some of you

i think ive just had an epiphany. why do i want to be with someone who doesnt want to be in a relationship with anyone? the amount of negative energy ive put into this is ridiculous. all this time ive been miserable i could have been enjoying life. i was making myself miserable.... why? My granfather used to say "you are what you do, not what you think.". thoughts are not real... they are just manifestations created by your head.... my head always lies to me... i can be miserable or i can realize that there is nothing i can do about the breakup. all i can do is move on... its not me its her... and she is the one who lost out. i should use my energy for positive things instead of using them on negativity....

I think its nothing to do with your head. its your heart thats leading your head to not move on with the manifestations atm. your head or logic just made you write all this lol

Yay!!! Good on ya DH that's the way to go

Quote Originally Posted by GK001 View Post
    I think its nothing to do with your head. its your heart thats leading your head to not move on with the manifestations atm. your head or logic just made you write all this lol
    Your heart can't do shit except pump blood, it's all in the head, well brain at least.

People only say it's their heart that's doing it to absolve themselves of any responsibility for the stuffed up thinking that the brain is doing .. so there ;P

all im saying is i cant change the past and it is what it is... worrying accomplishes nothing...

Hey I agree, totally, been trying to tell you that for the last month

Thats the attitude you should have. I always ask myself this question of why am I still thinking about her after what shes done to me and the pain she put me through? and I end up feeling better. Once you find another person you will get over this completely.

I agree.. but you know what... I dont need her to be happy... I was fine before I met her. Does it suck? Sure.. but shit happens and instead of focusing on the negative, I should use that energy and focus on the positive and meet someone else.

And what if (in my situation at least) there isn't anybody else?

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_sky View Post
    And what if (in my situation at least) there isn't anybody else?
    There are 6 billion people on this planet. There is no situation where there isn't someone else. You may not have found someone yet today, but there are quite a few someone elses out there. And all of them are immenently superior mate choices than someone who actively wishes to NOT be with you. That's just a fact.

As for the head/heart thing, obviously that's really thoughts vs. feelings. Remember that we knew how to feel before we ever learned to think. Thoughts do not drive feelings, feelings drive thoughts. But that doesn't matter, because however you feel and whatever you think, you are in charge of how you ACT upon those feelings and thoughts. But yeah, don't try to think your way out of how you feel. You have every right to feel how you feel, and hiding from those feelings won't make them go away. Realizing that you are better off with someone who wants you instead of pining for the past is a huge step in the healing process, so congratulations!

I cant change the past nor can I predict the future.. only thing i can do is live in the NOW.. or the Present.

Great thread! Im dealing with a tough breakup but this helps out