+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he want more?

Does he want more?

I'm a woman and i've recently started liking my male friend for more than a friend.
    We met from a non dating forum and found we really got on...at first i thought he was gay cos he has a little bit of a feminime walk...but nothing else points out that he's gay, also he was soooo quiet when i first met him and a few times after that, like he could sit there in silence and didn't seem to mind it and even if i said something he'd just laugh or give me a short answer.
    6 months on and we are getting on more than ever...he speaks more to me now, i've met his family and he's met mine and i was really happy to have a male friend.

Now...i went out friday night and went out drinking with him and a friend of mine....my female friend got really drunk and was throwing herself at him, she just sat on his lap and kept stroking his face and this is where i realised i had more feelings than just friendship for him....
    Saturday was my birthday and i went for a meal with my mother then met up with him after for a few drinks in the city....later on he told me i should stay round at his house instead of rushing back home...so i agreed....
    We watched tv...and i don't know how it happened but i was in his arms and we were cuddling all night until 7am just talking, also he was being playful and was tickling me....i did feel he was turned on by it and he kept putting his face close to mine like he wanted to kiss me but daren't...

Now i know for a fact that he wouldn't try anything on with me cos he is that quiet, but trouble is i daren't with him just because i don't know where i stand with him....i actually felt a bit of love for him with the way he held me...

So....i now feel my whole world has crashed over me....that "friend" of mine who threw herself at him is now off to the cinema with him tonight (btw they were friends before me and him was) he just txt me saying "off 2 cinema tonight with (her name)...trying to calm her nerves for that job interview on wednesday, ur welcome to come but might be a bit late for you on a weekday?"

Like i daren't say anything to him about my feelings...but right now i feel really jealous, and also i was planning that if i stayed at his next weekend to get drunk and just kiss him but this has changed my mind...

What is he playing at? Is this just friendship or could he want more? Why was he holding me all night like a lover would do? Then go out with my friend and not tell me until the last minute....

Seems to me that you have a really energetic flame growing between you, a solid love story. I've had my fair share of shyness over the years, but experience tells you that those that are shy and just sit in the corner can be the best of all if you can just get those wonders out of them.

You two spents hours on end cuddling and talking on the sofa. . . I couldn't think of anything more romantic if I tried to. He obviously feels alot for you aswell, but he can't find the words, nor the courage to tell you.
    If you feel you really want more of his company, and more of those nights cuddling on the sofa, tell him about your feelings. . . He love's you, just that he can't tell you, he doesn't know how you'll react and he fears you might reject him. Tell him and I'm sure you'll make him the happiest guy on earth.

Well the thing is i have hinted in my txts like flirting with him, on that night i was with him i wasn't drinking so i txt him after saying "good job i wasn't drunk otherwise i would of been extremely naughty!" he txt back with something like "as long as your not sick i aint bothered what you do...besides i have my tickling as a defence!"
    How do i take that? I just would like him to flirt a little back with me...like now i daren't get drunk and just throw myself at him...i like the man to make a first move on me

He wants to see me this weekend to go to cinema then back at his place....Should i just kiss him or not?

Well instead of just staying sat night he's wanting me to stay friday aswell!!! Also i put "im looking forward to the weekend now" and he put "Yeah, put a big smile on my face, it may get me through the training course i've got tomorrow night too!"

If he just wanted friendship then you wouldn't wanna spend every weekend with them would you? Also wanting me to stay two nights....

You see, the big thing is...i am so scared of rejection....my last relationship i had my heart broken and it took me a year and a bit to get over it and within that time i have never let anyone come that close...with him i feel like he wouldn't hurt me. Just wish i knew what he was thinking when i was in his arms....

Quote Originally Posted by taintedl View Post
    Well instead of just staying sat night he's wanting me to stay friday aswell!!! Also i put "im looking forward to the weekend now" and he put "Yeah, put a big smile on my face, it may get me through the training course i've got tomorrow night too!"

If he just wanted friendship then you wouldn't wanna spend every weekend with them would you? Also wanting me to stay two nights....

You see, the big thing is...i am so scared of rejection....my last relationship i had my heart broken and it took me a year and a bit to get over it and within that time i have never let anyone come that close...with him i feel like he wouldn't hurt me. Just wish i knew what he was thinking when i was in his arms....
    First of all, you can't put a past heartbreak on the next man,, that had nothing to do with him. As far as what he wants, I'm pretty sure it's you......really sure. He's the nice, quite, shy guy. If you think you're afraid of rejection you should realize he's REALLY afraid of rejection. You have to take in account how long it took for him to open up to you, MONTHS lol. I guarantee you he won't "start it", but I'm sure he'll take it from when you initiate. It's just how shy guys function. Remember he wouldn't of even mentioned the movies with o girl if he wasn't interested in you. That was probably his way of saying, "I wish you could come with us tonight" lol. Heck, he even went as far to explain to you why he was going to the movies with her. Cheer up and take a chance, hell, you might even fall in love!