+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it normal not to always crave for the person in a relationship

Is it normal not to always crave for the person in a relationship

I would like to know if it is normal not to always crave for the person or think of the person in a relationship? I sometimes want time off for myself, to be alone to do my own thinking, or to do something to improve myself or my life excludiing everybody. And I enjoy that very much. Having fun on my own without having to support anyone or needing support from anyone. It is not that I don't enjoy support from other people, but I enjoy loving myself, supporting myself more than giving it to others right now.

Because of this, sometimes I enjoy so much of lack of communciation or slow down of connectedness with a man I recently know. But is it normal?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Umm yeah it's called being an individual.

You are in a good position know yourself and who you are independant
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Over time, you'll become more used to your partner, and eventually want some alone time. It's perfectly healthy.

Yep, what they said.

This is part of the reason that Romance novels and chick flicks end after the couple gets together - a healthy, long lasting relationship doesn't involve constantly pining for one another. Like they say, a low smolder of passion is what you want to maintain with your partner - if you're relationship is more like a flash fire, it will burn up in the blink of an eye. Also, I would be very worried if I ever stopped being happy and comfortable with my alone time. Everyone should be able to be happy without having someone constantly hovering over their shoulders.

I know that feeling of, "I should probably call. Why don't I want to call more than I do?" I know that little guilt trip. The honest truth is that if you are just going through motions, though, you're only going to hurt the relationship. Be genuine at all times, if you can possibly help it. And, yeah, to reaffirm - normal, healthy stuff.