+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I like my friends girlfriend...

I like my friends girlfriend...

What to do when I really like my friends girlfriend? Ok so my friend has been dating this girl for a while now. I hadnt really got to know her until just recently, like the past couple months, and I realised that I really like this girl. Like I really like her. I think about her all the time. She's just the coolest, nicest, funniest, most beautiful girl ive ever met. Her boyfriend moved out of state a few weeks ago and at the end of this month both of us are moving down there, along with another friend.

We started talking quite a bit lately and we have soo much in common. The past few weeks we have been texting each other all the time, like from morning to night. Sometimes she tells me how her boyfriend ignores her a lot and when she tries to talk to him about it he just brushes it away even when she says it really bothers her. She says she loves him a lot still but that really bothers her. I tell her she needs to be completely honest with him and make him listen and understand what she is feeling.

A few nights ago she was drinking and texting me and said how she has had a crush on me since she first met me and that i am so nice to her and that i make her feel so good about herself. Im not sure how serious I should take this since she had been drinking but it sounded genuine.

I dont know I just have really strong feelings for her and I feel guilty since she is dating one of my best friends. I just dont know what to do, I dont want to lose my friend but the feelings are hard to ignore. I want to tell her exactly how I feel but I am afraid if I do things will be weird between us and I dont want to ruin my friendship, with both her and my friend.

Ugghh its just such a complicated situation I dont know what to do. I really like this girl... Please if anyone could give me some advice on what you think I should do and why it would mean so much to me. Thank you.

This is a tough situation, I feel for ya. I think it basically comes down to which relationship means more to you. If it is your relationship with your friend, you need to stop talking to his girlfriend ASAP and tell her you can't anymore due to you not wanting to ruin your friendship with her boyfriend. If the girl means more to you, you need to pursue that. Either way, eventually you have to be honest with your friend. It is not right what you are doing right now by talking to his girlfriend. Ultimately, if this guy is truly one of your best friends I think you should keep that relationship and stop talking to the girl because unless you marry this girl most love interests come and go but friends are forever.

Bros before hos. A good friendship can last a lifetime, but most romantic relationships don't work out. The right thing for her to do is to either break up with your friend or stop interacting with you so much. The right thing for you to do is to let her know that you're interested, but that you're backing away until she is single again. Otherwise, if you two start cheating behind your friend's back, it will probably end the same way, with her cheating on you with some other guy.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

My x-GF did this to me with a guy a I knew. Once she broke up with me and started dating him destroyed our friendship. If this is a good good friend, Do not go down that road, but if you really dont care at the end of the day of his feelings, I would say go for it. In his defense, his gf is just acting like that because she isnt giving her enough attention. And with that said, she will eventually do the same thing to you if you EVER start dating her.

I am friend with the guy now, but this is 2 years later (and he had a kid with her haha, SUCKER!!!)

Hmmm, where to begin. I think VincenzoG91 summed it up quite nicely, bros before hos. It has never been and never will be ok to even entertain the thought of getting with your friends' girl. Of course she's beautiful, smart, funny, super cool, etc. THATS WHY HE"S DATING HER! Go find your own girlfriend man. Not to mention, if she's showing you all these "feelings" what would stop her from doing the same thing to you later down the road?

Wait until she is single. Besides, from the looks of it, your friend might start letting go of her. I've seen friends still be friends after they are single.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

you should read the [url=http://felixker.com/inspiring/the-bro-code/]The Bro Code![/url]