+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how do i get my ex back

how do i get my ex back

no im not desperate.. i just loved him so much and i dont want to give up this easily.. we broke up on thursday and ive been searching online of ways to get an ex boyfriend back and they all say dont talk to him.. wait for him to call u.. dont tell him u miss him and dont seem "pathetic" but the thing is ive already done that so what can i do from there?

what i did was on saturday i wrote a letter saying that i just didnt get y and none of it made sense of y we broke up and asked him to consider us again.. he let me come over and i read it to him.. he said he was glad that i did and agreed that we should still talk and be friends.. he also said he will consider us once he can figure some things out in his life, if things go well between us in the mean time.

now i dont know what to do next.. i dont know if that was really a mistake or not or the right move.. weve talked since saturday but i can tell im kind of smothering him.. and everything ive read online says stop initiating the contact which ive been doing.. so should i wait untill he contacts me? but then i worry that he wont and will move on..

how long do i wait to contact him if he never does?

if he does contact me what do i do from there?

oh heres some info on our relationship... we dated for 6 months and he broke it off with me cuz he made a huge mistake and he said he couldnt forgive himself and doesnt deserve me blah blah blah.. i thought we were perfect for eachother.. on saturday he told me he really thought we were a good fit so he kinda agreed with me there

i dont want pple telling me get over him.. i need legit advice on what to do next.. how to push his psychological buttons and get him to really want the same thing i want

"i dont want pple telling me get over him.. i need legit advice on what to do next.. how to push his psychological buttons and get him to really want the same thing i want"

Sorry but that is legit advice - get together w/ some of your gf's and go out to a club or bar some nite, chances are you'll hoook up wit someone there

Chandler Bong

he broke it off with me cuz he made a huge mistake and he said he couldnt forgive himself and doesnt deserve me blah blah blah
    You probably dont want to hear this but thats his way of letting you go while being nice. Its the same as a girl saying "lets Just be Friends" I know, Ive heard a girl tell me this just last week. It hurts but you must and WILL prevail....al a part of life's adventure!

He does not want to be with you. It sounds to me he cheated and realises he wants to be single again so thats why he told you, i made a huge mistake, dont deserve you crap

He`s playing you like a fiddle Hon.
    You need to make him zealous.
    So get dressed to the 9`s and get together with some of your friends and go to a place where he or his friends frequent and flirt with whoever will flirt with you back. I`m not saying pick someone up and take them home and jump their bones, of course this would help get your mind off your ex, but just talk to people and socialize. This will eventually get the attention of your ex and make him start appreciating you more and want you back. Play your cards right and he`ll come knockin Hon.
    Thanks for listening,
    Yuconman

When I went through the same thing (from the other perspective) one of my female friends put it to me as bluntly as she could... "You can't make somebody want to be with you, no matter how shitty you feel"

I didn't like hearing that... probably no more than you like hearing people tell you to get over him... but there is truth in those words...

Good luck!

use your time and energy to be POSITIVE not negative... trust me ive been where you are now... at the end of the day you are no better than before. Concentrate on the present moment.. if you do you will see that it is beautiful and nothing is wrong... just do that constantly.

Trust me, I understand wanting your ex back (I'm still very much into mine, unfortunately) but you DON'T want to manipulate them! They don't deserve that! IF you get back together, you want it to be because they came to the conclusion that they care about you and that you two are compatible. If you start with the games, you're gonna have to play the game forever. Not worth it, and not respecting him or yourself!

The best thing you can do is tell him your honest feelings, and then back off and try to discover yourself again. You might decide you don't want to move on, but you can still find things to fulfill your life until either a) the ex decides to take you back or b) you become tired of waiting and decide you've given it your best shot.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    use your time and energy to be POSITIVE not negative... trust me ive been where you are now... at the end of the day you are no better than before. Concentrate on the present moment.. if you do you will see that it is beautiful and nothing is wrong... just do that constantly.
    I like this DarkHelmet. Good advice.

I am sorry to hear that.I totally feel you. going thru brokenheart here myself as well.

what huge mistake he made? my bf made huge mistakes, but he didnt say he doesnt deserve me so let me go... that kind of thing. (his mistake was sleeping with another woman while we were taking space) if he really wants you, he would deeply apology to you and prove he's been changed for you.

Im afriad of telling you. he sounded like ..giving you a false hope. Ive been there. I fell for that.. and IT JUST DOESNT LET ME GO OR ALLOW ME TO MOVE ON.
    the best way is for you.. realizing that is a false hope asap.