+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is happening?

What is happening?

Hey everyone, I need some help about what I should do.

So I have been dating a girl for 6 months now, and things where fine. But recently, she has just stopped all contact, how should I proceed? This is a long read, but I really need help.

Let me give you the background info. *Edited to make shorter because I have the answer*

Basically things where going absolutely normal and she invited me to meet her brother, and then the next day she completely ignores me, and refuses to speak with me.
    Last edited by Veranx; 10-03-11 at 05:33 AM.

It seems clear that she has moved on and doesn't want to talk to you. She probably got involved with some other guy. Or maybe her brother told her to end the relationship. I understand that you want to find out what happened and at least get some closure, but she clearly doesn't want to talk to you. Just move on. If this is how she handles situations, you were never going to be happy with her in the long run. You deserve better than this.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Never speak to here again! She's obviously not going to talk to you, I mean she ran from you lol. That's pretty clear, thats almost as clear as she can be. True, she's a coward and won't talk to you about it, but you've gotten your answer, she wants nothing to do with you. Forget her and move on.

You guys are right. It just don't know what to make of the fact she invited me some where, says she loves me, talks about finding a new place to live that is a bit closers, and then the next days refuses to ever speak to me. I guess it's that that makes me deep down in side believe it can go back to normal, and what motivated me to seek help on this site. But looking at it from an outsider as you did, I can see it's obvious I should let go.

Anyway guys, thanks so much. I think I do deserve better than this. I'm sad to see it end, and I do still have feelings for her, and she was, or at least I thought she was, the nicest person I have dated. That's what makes it hard to let go.

some girls do that. there is something obviously happening with her life (most likely a new guy). so she doesnt want to hurt your feelings. they dont know that by telling the truth it will give the guy closure and less pain/frustration.

I will still make some attempt to talk with her in a week or so. Hopefully I will feel different, and so will she, not that we will be together anymore. I don't want her to feel the need to hide from me in the store though, I would prefer it to go to a situation where I can still go there and speak to her in a casual friendly way.

Quote Originally Posted by Veranx View Post
    I am thinking I should give her some space for about 5 days and then go into the store and stay until she has to come out of the back and talk, assuming she does that. I would hope she speaks to me when I go in. I would hate it to come to that because it seems confrontational, I want her to contact me, I dont want to stand in the store like a fool waiting for her to come out. But I guess I would do that if it means talking with her. Should I continue to ring her a few times a day and text and be ignored? Does that seem needy and desperate? What should I say in the texts? Should I not attempt to make contact for a few days? Would that seem like I dont care about her or want her to call?

I really have no idea how to proceed. Any input what so ever would be GREATLY appreciated!
    That would be controlling behavior. If she doesn't want to talk, causing trouble at her work to force her to talk to you is just wrong.

It does not/would not seem like you don't care about her and want her to call, you've already made quite a bit of effort in that area, basically the ball is in her court now.

Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath, I think for one reason for another that she's done with you - does the reason why really matter?
    Last edited by HeartIsAching; 10-03-11 at 07:05 AM.

Very true. Like I said, it was the suddenness of it all that makes me want to make contact again and see if things are reversible, but it is apparent that it isn't. I still have to use the store, and I wouldn't like her to feel the need to hide from me, and I wouldn't want to lose the friendships of her colleagues. I would have to tell her that she doesn't need to hide, but without contact I can't.

Maybe I should make no more contact for a while. Then go into the store and test the waters about how we now stand.

Sounds like what men will do frequently to women...promise them the earth, shag them and then 'pooof' they disappear.