+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to start a conversation

How to start a conversation

There's this girl in my english class. This is the first class we've had together, though we went to the same school in years past. She doesn't really know me all that well, but I'm really attracted to her. Anyway, what do I say to her to get a conversation going? I kind of doubt she likes me. She's never approached me before and hasn't given me any signs she's interested. I don't know how she feels about me, but I somehow think that if I asked her out she'd say no. That's why maybe it would be good if I got to know her a bit before asking her out. I'm no good at conversing with people I don't know. How do I start a meaningful conversation with her? Thanks in advance.

BTW, we've been in the same english class all year and I've never said a word to her before. Would she think it weird that I would just start talking to her out of the blue?

She might think it's kind of wierd if you did it for no reason, but be confident I used to be shy and it sucked. Girls I know like funny guys, dunno if that helps, but I'd say try and become friends with her if you don't know her at all feel uncomfortable asking her out.

P.S. - It's not uncommon for my advice to suck.
    Last edited by hotfudgemoney; 12-12-04 at 02:33 PM.

be straight with her. i know u may be shy but trust me she'll appreciate it. if nothing else she will be flattered. i mean dont come right out and say hey lets go out, but maybe walk up to her and say hi im ___. weve been in the same class for a while and ive been tryin to get the nerve up to say hi to you. or something to that effect. it just might work.
    [COLOR=Indigo][
    Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease, Ang

There ya go... That's what I was trying to say.

in fact, any way you get a conversation with her and any thing you talk to her is not important. follow her and let her know you are conerned her.then every chance will come.......

Follow her? So you're saying I should stalk her? I don't need to follow her; we're in the same class for an 90 minutes. Finding her is not the problem.
    I was thinking of doing what LostAngel said regarding conversation but saying I've been working up the nerve to talk to her would make me look like a jackass. That would mean I've been working up the nerve to talk to her for 6 months! I need some other way of phrasing that. Thanks in advance.

the first thing you need to find out before you ask her out is does she have a bf if she does forget it.

Yeah, I'll ask some of my friends if she has a boyfriend. They should know because they know her a lot better than I do. But I don't think she does. I've never seen her with anyone. My only concern with talking to her is that it would be very sudden considering I haven't said a word to her all year. It would be very awkward. What's a good way to start a conversation just out of the blue?
    I want to make it seem natural and not forced. Thanks.

hey man, just go up to her and just talk, like hey i notice that u in my english class and i seen u around school before (blah Blah) so i just wanted to say hi and just talk.....and tell her she look very nice stuff like that lol

en ,JasonRebel17 is right.tell her the truth directly.maybe the easier you close to her,the more effctive it will be.

Um well as a conversation starter I've always found hello very effective. I think you're probably just thinking about it too much just set a date e.g. your next class & go for it once you've had the first conversation everything gets easier

i cant help you with picking up at all. i never know, care, think about, or remember what i ever say to pickup women. i cant believe it myself. i dont know what to tell ya.

sorry buddy
    awannn

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Watson
    There's this girl in my english class. This is the first class we've had together, though we went to the same school in years past. She doesn't really know me all that well, but I'm really attracted to her. Anyway, what do I say to her to get a conversation going? I kind of doubt she likes me. She's never approached me before and hasn't given me any signs she's interested. I don't know how she feels about me, but I somehow think that if I asked her out she'd say no. That's why maybe it would be good if I got to know her a bit before asking her out. I'm no good at conversing with people I don't know. How do I start a meaningful conversation with her? Thanks in advance.

BTW, we've been in the same english class all year and I've never said a word to her before. Would she think it weird that I would just start talking to her out of the blue?
    first of all, keep thinking so negative, and your going to get rejected. girls are like dogs, in more ways than one, but i just mean..they can smell fear. your goal should not be a meaningful conversation at this point though, just get to know her..find out who she is, let her know who you are, and make her laugh, meaningful shit comes way later..just be confident.
    im the shit like mr.hanky

THROWING ROOTBEARS IN YO FRIDGE BEHATCH

ask her about a class assignment or something. just talk to her. about anything. you say girls like funny guys, that's true but girls like to be talked to and listened to and treated like a person. just say hi and tell her your name and then everytime she sees you she'll know you and she'll say hi to you back.

this isn't rocket science people, talk to her!
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Yes but funny is a big plus, as is confidence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast